Please help, I would be really happy if someone could help me. Which is better and why.. Thanks a lot !
The Washburn has a solid wood top which will make it project a bit better and the Fender has a laminate top which will be just a bit quieter. Both are good guitars, one isn't better than the other really.

Here is a demo of the Fender
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zep9th8xT6E

and here is the Washburn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy-_xIeT4zg
Last edited by jcarlos007 at Sep 22, 2014,
Just play both and see which one sounds and feels the best to you. That's the only real way to see which is right for you.
I have the Washburn WD7s which looks pretty close to the WD20, other than the sides and back on mine are mahogany and the 20 is rosewood. First off the Washburn harvest series are about as beautiful of a guitar as you are gonna find, and they sound great as well. The construction and finish on mine is flawless. When I got mine, it had a buzz on the G-string 3rd fret(high spot I guess?). I thought I was gonna have to do a little bit of fret dressing work or else send it back but the neck relief was also very tight. After loosening the truss rod to get the proper neck relief, the buzz went away. The action was perfect at the saddle but I had to file the nut slots down a little bit to get it comfortable on that end. It was playable out of the box, but as with most new guitars you'll want to get it set up or DIY like me if you have the tools and know how. It didn't come perfect as far as the set up but for what I paid ($180 for a display model with a soft case thrown in), it's an amazing value.

Keep in mind with the models you are looking, the fender has mahogany back and sides while the washburn 20 has rosewood(both laminated, and both solid spruce tops I think). Rosewood is more expensive, usually $100 more. The sound is also quite different. The mahogany is gonna have a louder brighter tone while the rosewood is gonna have deeper, darker sound; slightly less volume but better clarity IMO. It's hard to say which is better as I like both for different type songs. So yeah, it would be best to try them both out and see which you like best if that is an option. Be sure to check every note on the guitar to make sure there are no dead spots or buzzing. Try to get them to throw in a good set up too if the action feels too high.
I think it is very much a case of try it and see. In theory the solid top on the Washburn should be an advantage, but my favourite fingerpicking guitar (and I have had a lot of expensive acoustic gear over the years) is all-laminate. Also, I don't think laminated roswood has the tonal potential of laminated mahogany - too warm and fuzzy.

FWIW, I would be lookig at Recording King, Tanglewood and Blueridge, not Fender or Washburn.
Quote by Tony Done
I think it is very much a case of try it and see. In theory the solid top on the Washburn should be an advantage, but my favourite fingerpicking guitar (and I have had a lot of expensive acoustic gear over the years) is all-laminate. Also, I don't think laminated roswood has the tonal potential of laminated mahogany - too warm and fuzzy.

FWIW, I would be lookig at Recording King, Tanglewood and Blueridge, not Fender or Washburn.

Don't forget the people's choice... Yamaha.