Hey guys, what kind of lower end headphones have you had a good experience with? I've been using a cheap set of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds and have been getting a pretty good result.
Quote by JeffreyBDePuy
Hey guys, what kind of lower end headphones have you had a good experience with?
None.
Quote by JeffreyBDePuy
I've been using a cheap set of Skullcandy Ink'd earbuds and have been getting a pretty good result.
Meaning that you can make mixes sound good on that plus another pair of cheap headphones, or meaning you can make your mixes sound good on whatever you throw it at?

Also you gotta define "low end".
Like, with an amount of money.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
None.
Meaning that you can make mixes sound good on that plus another pair of cheap headphones, or meaning you can make your mixes sound good on whatever you throw it at?

Also you gotta define "low end".
Like, with an amount of money.

These are 20 bucks. After i finalize my mixes I send them to a friend to review through his monitors and he says they are good.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Sennheissers are usually good, the HD205II is about USD70 I think, quite nice for the money, more or less flattish, bass is strong but controlled, mild upper mid spike, very clear sounding.

How did you get the EQ specs? I've been trying to get the specs for these skull candies with no luck.
I wouldn't really trust them measurements much.
I wouldn't really trust any measurement of that kind actually...
Quote by JeffreyBDePuy
Thanks man! Very helpful, the skull candies are very similar to the hd800. Huge price gap too.
Very similar within a range of 10dB
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
^ if you like them and you think they're good, it's great.

I was pointing out that even according to that frequency response chart that was posted they are nothing like the HD800 though.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
AKG K99 is great for $50, bought a pair for my dad and he got it 5 months later as they opened a few holes in some of my mixes. Very revealing and decent price. Look into the Presonus headphones, I think they are somewhere in the vicinity of $50. I wouldn't use anything cheaper.