my guitar's neck has a bit of a bow, so im turning the truss rod counter-clockwise. right? i must be doing something wrong because nothing is happening. at first i thought it was because of the tremolo, so i gave the springs more relief but it seems like it has no effect on the neck. someone help please
Quote by Tony Done
Most truss rods you turn clockwise to reduce relief. That is, as if you were tightening a nut onto a bolt.

damn. this is only the 2nd time ive set up an instrument, the first one was a bass and i turned counter-clockwise to reduce relief, however, the bolt was on the body... i should have known
Quote by moses132049
damn. this is only the 2nd time ive set up an instrument, the first one was a bass and i turned counter-clockwise to reduce relief, however, the bolt was on the body... i should have known

Most truss rods work by compressing the wood at the back of the neck, the compression acting against the stiffer fretboard and causing the neck to bow backwards - the original Gibson design. However double-acting truss rods (the Stewmac Hotrod) can work in the opposite direction, depending on how they are installed. My National Resophonic reso is like that, maybe your bass was the same.