So i have a Ibanez GSA60 Black Knight which cost me £160. Im starting to take playing the guitar as my main hobby now im in a mini-band. Im wondering if its worth it buying a Epiphone Les pauls studio for £260 (thats about my max budget); Or would it be more worth getting some EMG/better pickups for my ibanez. Most of the time im playing classic or modern rock music so love hummbuckers. Im not too fussed about the look of my guitar mainly the performance but i really do love the look of the les pauls studio as the plain white/black looks amazing to me. I would prefer a new guitar simply because im never buying a used one of ebay or amazon, dont have that kinda money to risk, and there is only 1 decent music shop within 20 or so miles of me.My Ibanez needs to be repaired and will set me back about £80, just wanna know if its worth getting a new guitar or upgrade and fix my old one. Thanks for any advice

Ibanez - http://www.dawsons.co.uk/ibanez-gsa60-black-knight?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7vmgBRDdnLPZp7aBlroBEiQA7_NmV6WvSdNyBWA4-VRFBPykoIHyZ3uMsQP-CV7nCR0qtg0aAp868P8HAQ
Epiphone - http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-Alpine-White-with-Hard-Case/13BG?origin=product-ads&gclid=Cj0KEQjwy_SgBRCxhsqc3prt8rQBEiQAHI_9GblGe-GZtEaQyhlELBdQnxQdgwFh-TzcOSVTZeP2owIaAvVj8P8HAQ
Last edited by martin.ao16 at Sep 21, 2014,
Quote by Will Lane
New guitar. Make sure you test it first for intonation, sound, playability, etc.

thnx, i kinda get the idea of intonation but how can i tell if its out ?
if you play chords at the higher frets and it sounds out of tune the intonation is likely out (unless it has really old strings, i guess).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
New guitar but if you're looking at epiphone les pauls, try going second hand. Might take some effort and patience but there're some incredible deals out there. I got my recent les paul custom for £165 and it's barely been touched at all.
Quote by Arron_Zacx
New guitar but if you're looking at epiphone les pauls, try going second hand. Might take some effort and patience but there're some incredible deals out there. I got my recent les paul custom for £165 and it's barely been touched at all.

the trouble is i have no way of travelling half way up the country to go and get a 2nd hand and theres no way i trust the mail service not to break a guitar
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you play chords at the higher frets and it sounds out of tune the intonation is likely out (unless it has really old strings, i guess).

do they not set inntonation and truss rod ect before the companys ship the guitars out?
my local music shop says that they can order it straight from epiphone
they should do, but whether they actually do or not is another matter. generally on dearer guitars it should be set better, but...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There's an Epi Les Paul Standard on some of the UK musician's marts for 180 right now if you look, just post and ask. Someone will be selling one!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100