We need the usual information from you before we can make any worthwhile recommendations. What is your budget? Are you willing to go used? What brands are available in your area? What kind of music do you play? How loud is your band? What size venues are you planning to play? Are you set on a combo, or on a head and cabinet arrangement?

All of these things need to be factored into your decision, or else you might be stuck with something that is unsuited to your needs.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
We need the usual information from you before we can make any worthwhile recommendations. What is your budget? Are you willing to go used? What brands are available in your area? What kind of music do you play? How loud is your band? What size venues are you planning to play? Are you set on a combo, or on a head and cabinet arrangement?

well I was looking towards the 500 price range.but anything lower would be great. yes used is fine. a more progressive tone. i doubt anything bigger then a small venue. combo
Fender has redesigned their Rumble series of bass amps, so you might take a look at the Rumble 2x10 combo. For a few dollars more than your budget, take a look at Peavey's Tour TNT 1x15" combo. It is a 600-watt monster with some serious tone and volume. It is a beast to move about, but that enlarged housing definitely gives it more projection than that of the usual combo amp.
One decent combo option is the TC Electronics BG-250. It seems to be very close to what you're asking for, although you have numerous options. I have one as my grab 'n go amp. It's currently on sale for $378. Here's the high points:

- Modern tone
- Rated at 250 watts
- Single 15" neo speaker
- Weighs only 37 lbs.
- Headphone jack
- Mute switch
- On-board tuner
- XLR balanced out
- Has a tube-tone option (switchable for on/off)
- Uses TC Electronics' proprietary "tone-print" to allow you to download effects (compression, chorus, etc.)

Biggest downside is that it is not designed to accept an extension speaker. Most people that need an extension speaker just buy another BG-250 and run 2 amps.

TC Electronics also makes the same combo amp with a 2x10 option, but it's $500 and not on sale at this time. Obviously, it would be best if you could try before you buy.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/tc-electronic-bg250-115-250w-1x15-bass-combo-amp-with-2-toneprint-slots
Last edited by VeloDog at Sep 24, 2014,
Quote by Magnumopus7001
Thanks. This is a lot of help.

Happy to help! That is what the Bass Forum does!

Good luck with your amplifier search, and with your band!