So I'm a young guy (15 Years old) and have 7 guitars/basses (A Tele, Strat, P Bass, 5 String Jazz Bass, Ibanez Iceman Bass, Les Paul, Seagull S6 Acoustic) and am really worried about them getting damaged or get a warped neck. I live in Kentucky and I don't own the house so I have no control over the AC or anything. I live in my basement with a couple windows in my room. I almost always have my ceiling fan on and sometimes open my window to let fresh air in. So my main question is, that is it safe for then to be hanging on the wall in these conditions?

I always heard that "If you're comfortable than so are your guitars" but I dunno if that's a myth of not. So Thanks!
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
Unless you regularly let excess moisture or heat in your room (or otherwise expose your instruments to the element), you will be fine. Just make sure to maintain your instruments and such. You have probably zero to worry about, man.
Don't worry about it, just don't hang your guitars against outside walls that get too warm or cold. I keep a cheap hygrometer in my music room to keep an eye on humidity, just to see that it doesn't go below 40% for long periods. It isn't very accurate, but it gives me a rough indication of what is going on. As far as high humidity is concerned, if your room doesn't smell mouldy, IMO it will be fine.
Quote by Tony Done
Don't worry about it, just don't hang your guitars against outside walls that get too warm or cold. I keep a cheap hygrometer in my music room to keep an eye on humidity, just to see that it doesn't go below 40% for long periods. It isn't very accurate, but it gives me a rough indication of what is going on. As far as high humidity is concerned, if your room doesn't smell mouldy, IMO it will be fine.

Solid advice. Wall hangers are fantastic, but be sure it's an interior wall.
Quote by Dcat1000
So my main question is, that is it safe for then to be hanging on the wall in these conditions?

Not really. Particularly in basements, which are subject to a lot of humidity changes, your guitars should be kept in their cases and not hung.

Cases (even padded gig bags) do one thing pretty well. They slow down temperature and humidity changes that get to your guitar. Hanging, your guitars are subject to any climatic change instantly. Inside the case, your guitars experience something closer to the average of those changes in a given day. That helps prevent warped necks.

You'll usually find your strings are subject to rot a lot faster hanging on the wall than in a case (assuming you wipe them with a dry towel after use. I usually store my guitars in the case and toss in a Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI), same as are used for NASA parts, expensive tools and firearms. The VCI emits a vapor that coats the guitar a few molecules thick (nothing you can see or feel) and helps prevent corrosion, including pickup coil wire, etc. This can make a major difference in the life of your guitar, and it can save you money on strings, hardware, pickups. It even helps prevent scratchy pots.
Neck warpage has more to do with a bad piece of lumber than poor temperature controls. Extreme heat could cause a neck to warp, but that’s the kind of thing that involves a black car in the Texas sun.
Why not try some bags or cases? I'm searching a good fiberglass case for my gibson. I want a BAM at first, but it seems too expensive for me, then I found a brand named Crossrock, not famous, maybe a new one. Their cases and bags are much cheaper than many other brands and seems good quality. I googled some reviews. They sounds great.
Quote by dspellman
Not really. Particularly in basements, which are subject to a lot of humidity changes, your guitars should be kept in their cases and not hung.

Cases (even padded gig bags) do one thing pretty well. They slow down temperature and humidity changes that get to your guitar. Hanging, your guitars are subject to any climatic change instantly. Inside the case, your guitars experience something closer to the average of those changes in a given day. That helps prevent warped necks.

You'll usually find your strings are subject to rot a lot faster hanging on the wall than in a case (assuming you wipe them with a dry towel after use. I usually store my guitars in the case and toss in a Vapor Corrosion Inhibitor (VCI), same as are used for NASA parts, expensive tools and firearms. The VCI emits a vapor that coats the guitar a few molecules thick (nothing you can see or feel) and helps prevent corrosion, including pickup coil wire, etc. This can make a major difference in the life of your guitar, and it can save you money on strings, hardware, pickups. It even helps prevent scratchy pots.

Interesting and useful comments. I've kept my collection on stands in my basement music for many years now. The humidity typically runs between about 40% and 70%. I occasionally get problems with scratchy pots, on both the amps and guitars, but I've never had a structural problem with a guitar kept on a stand. The one time I did, Martin J-40, it was kept in its case. Maybe there is more risk from a wall than a stand, but I think if you avoid the outside walls it shouldn't be that great.

I think, however, there is the more general consideration that we shouldn't become prisoners to paranoia, constantly looking over our shoulder and worrying about what might happen. Islamic State gives us enough potential for that. Ya gotta take chances to get the most out of life, and for me that includes being able to grab the guitar that takes my fancy without having to get it out of its case.
Quote by Tony Done
I've kept my collection on stands in my basement music for many years now. The humidity typically runs between about 40% and 70%. I occasionally get problems with scratchy pots, on both the amps and guitars, but I've never had a structural problem with a guitar kept on a stand. The one time I did, Martin J-40, it was kept in its case. Maybe there is more risk from a wall than a stand, but I think if you avoid the outside walls it shouldn't be that great.

Basements can be weird places, and a lot depends on where they are. We don't see them much in Los Angeles, of course, but when I was growing up they ranged from "root cellars" to cold damp underground storage and "where the furnace lives" to fully furnished man caves. We used to practice in the basement of the brownstone (band-owned!), in the boiler room. We hung the big thick packing blankets everywhere to cut back on the bounce from the cement walls.

But they can be awfully different from one another in climate; a friend of mine found a couple of old guitars in the basement of his grandmother's home. They were standing against the exterior wall, still in their cases. The bottom 2" or so of each guitar was thick with mildew and mold. They were eventually repaired and restored, but they were pretty nasty when first discovered. I guess it just depends what KIND of basement you're working with.