Hi everyone, I just recently got a Blackstar Ht Club 40. So far I'm really loving this amp, and have started to look for a good fuzz pedal to go along with it (I play mostly psychedelic blues rock so, thats kind of a must). My budget right now is between, $80-$150, and it needs to be able to work with a dunlop classic crybaby. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, bye!
Used zvex fuzz factory.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
im selling my Dunlop Mini Silicon Fuzz Face!!! $80shipped, brand new essentially. Thats a good one

Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Last edited by thejester at Sep 22, 2014,
If you are looking for a blues rock tone though I would definitely focus on a fuzz face.

Couple options are
-Fulltone 69' or 70'
-Dunlop Fuzz Face (The Joe Bonamassa sig is very good or their Silicon)
-Analogman Sunface NKT-275 Low Gain White Dot (is pretty much regarded as the best Germanium Fuzz face, you can only find them used and they cost $280-350 on the used market)
-Monsterpiece NPN is a great fuzz, a little harder to find because they are more rare
-Zvex Fuzz Factory (Im not a fan but a lot of people like it)
-Keeley Fuzz Head (not my fav but a good pedal)
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by thejester
If you are looking for a blues rock tone though I would definitely focus on a fuzz face.

Couple options are
-Fulltone 69' or 70'
-Dunlop Fuzz Face (The Joe Bonamassa sig is very good or their Silicon)
-Analogman Sunface NKT-275 Low Gain White Dot (is pretty much regarded as the best Germanium Fuzz face, you can only find them used and they cost $280-350 on the used market)
-Monsterpiece NPN is a great fuzz, a little harder to find because they are more rare
-Zvex Fuzz Factory (Im not a fan but a lot of people like it)
-Keeley Fuzz Head (not my fav but a good pedal)

Thanks for the tips, I'm starting to consider going for the silicon fuzz face, since my local GC has one used. So does that usually go well with a dunlop classic crybaby wah wah pedal?
dunno about the classic, but i have a bog standard crybaby and a couple of fuzzface style pedals (not the dunlop version) and as long as you put the fuzz before the wah they sound fine (to my ears, anyway).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Some fuzzes are problematic when you place them AFTER a wah because they like a direct signal from the guitar and buffers from pedals affect them. Out of the ones mentioned I don't recommend the Fuzz Factory. It's too crazy sounding for the standard psychedelic stuff I'm assuming you're going for. I'd start by checking out the newer Fuzz Faces. See if you prefer germanium or silicon. From there you can check out different takes on them by different companies. I personally have a Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh which gives me the option for either or no diode clipping. It's about $15 past your limit but all the other ones are even more expensive.

Edit: almost forgot to mention the EHX Big Muff. It's a different kind of fuzz. Perhaps you'll like that sound better. Most fuzzes are derived from either of those two.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Sep 24, 2014,
musket fuzz is a more kick ass on the big muff side, but i think you are more looking for a fuzz face type things.

i am not extremely into fuzz, but when i played around with the musket at was awesome. too bad it wasn't mine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
musket fuzz is a more kick ass on the big muff side, but i think you are more looking for a fuzz face type things.

i am not extremely into fuzz, but when i played around with the musket at was awesome. too bad it wasn't mine.

That or the Algal Bloom are what I was gonna recommend for a muff fuzz.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
I'd start by checking out the newer Fuzz Faces. See if you prefer germanium or silicon.

Edit: almost forgot to mention the EHX Big Muff. It's a different kind of fuzz. Perhaps you'll like that sound better. Most fuzzes are derived from either of those two.

Yeah that would be my suggestion, too- check out the classics and see what you think.

Granted, depending on exactly where you are that might not be possible, or your local shop might stock some obscure brands of boutique fuzzes or something like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?