Hey Guys,

I just created a Modern Gold Top Carvin Guitar with a Floyd Rose Trem & it's a KILLER machine!!!!

Here's a video that has some samples of what it sounds like as well as pictures, specs & video too. Neil Zaza who's a stellar player & has his own signature Carvin guitar does a quick introduction too!

Enjoy some of X's Gold Top Shred.......

http://youtu.be/RcKoCxOAS4A?list=UUV9Who1o4klN5D4iW5vvWGA

Modern Gold Top Video - Featuring Neil Zaza

Here's a few pictures too!

The 5-piece neck has a Flamed Maple Fingerboard & a 14" radius too.

I'm very pleased with the stock Carvin C22 pickups as well. You can hear them in the video & I don't plan on changing them at all.

Note: I have MANY more pictures, but I don't want to overload the server or this forum either!!!

Peace! X-Mann \m/

PS - I'm also having trouble posting the youtube link as well. Is either of the youtube links working here?
Last edited by X-Mann at Sep 23, 2014,
Nice Sweet playing too (the link works if i highlight it... i guess it's not working because you're new, to protect against spambots)

Didn't you post on TGP a good while back about another zaza you got? Your username sort of rings a bell.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's fantastic. Normally I would like black hardware but on this case it looks very classy. I'm glad you enjoy it! Carvin is the absolute best.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Well I've been a lot of things in my life, but NEVER a Spambot!!!!

I have a Carvin Flamed Teal CT624 that is modeled after one of Neil's first Carvin guitars.

This Carvin is my creation, but has some of the same options on his new endorsed model like the HH (aka Holdsworth Headstock) & the Diamond inlays.

I'm glad that the link works & the quality of this guitar is really world class. It's all about the neck specs for me too!

I paid $1,940 for this & it would be $100 cheaper, but I had them move the 3-way switch off the upper horn so it wouldn't be in the way for taping later.

I'll also add that I like the way that Carvin treats their every day/weekend warrior customers too! They just seem to really care & the wood/build quality is just top notch too.

Peace! X

PS - Oh yea, I did find a used Cort NZS-2 on Craigslist for $400 & it was mint with Seymour Duncans too. So yea, that might be what you're refering too!
Last edited by X-Mann at Sep 23, 2014,
Nice! Gold and maple.

HNGD
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Really cool guitar! That thing looks like something played by an Arena Rock-band in the 80's. Should really be called The Bon Jovi Deluxe.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Looks like my NGD with a floyd. Looks great but I don't do floyds. Sounds like some tasty riffs there too. You are good at using the floyd I will just make awful noise with one. So I go fixed bridge.
Last edited by Zhaezzy at Sep 23, 2014,
whoa. nice build. thats my fav headstock from them. i have that one too. i like the pearl tuners and the flame maple fretboard. really clean look. awesome.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by Zhaezzy
Looks like my NGD with a floyd. Looks great but I don't do floyds. Sounds like some tasty riffs there too. You are good at using the floyd I will just make awful noise with one. So I go fixed bridge.

Thx guys & Thx Zhaezzy!!!!!

I have never had a Floyd on a guitar before & my other Carvin CT624 has a fixed bridge.

I just didn't think I needed ot even wanted one, but I love the look of one on a singlecut shape guitar. I've only had the guitar for a few weeks & at first all I did was dive bomb the low E string a lot!!!!

I'm love it now & getting use to it & working it into my playing style. Time will tell & I'll just keep working at it for now!

Peace! X \m/
Quote by ikey_
whoa. nice build. thats my fav headstock from them. i have that one too. i like the pearl tuners and the flame maple fretboard. really clean look. awesome.

I took the pearl tuners from my love for them on Musicman guitars.

The Carvin HH (aka Holdsworth Headstock) is a love it or hate it type of a thing for most people. I have a huge collection of Samick Blues Saraceno Radiot Ten & Tv Twenty guitars & they have an odd headstock as well.

I think I like it just because it's different.

Thanks for the comments broseph!!!!!

X

PS - I've got a lot more pictures if you haven't had enough too! Just let me know, but you were warned!!!!!
Last edited by X-Mann at Sep 24, 2014,