Hi i recently bought a Rockburn 10 Watt Practice amp. Unfortunately i bought it from the UK when i live in Canada . So i want to buy a converter/transformer of some type except im sorta scared it may mess with the sound. If not any reccomendations for what transformer i should buy?

Regards

(Im a newbie)
you need something to drop you down from the UK voltage of 230/240V to Canada's 110V (I think canada is 110). step down transformer.

depending on how much it costs, though, it might well not be worth it. You could possibly pick up a better amp for less than the cost of that step-down transformer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nah you need a transformer or you'll fry the amp

an adaptor only works if you have somewhere which is the same voltage, but which has a different size of plug- e.g. the UK/Ireland versus continental Europe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RyanJordan23
Would a travel adapter do it? Or would i need a legitimate transformer?

No! Travel adapter only makes the plug fit but you would still feed the amp incorrect voltage. Unless the amp is capable of taking both US and EU voltage (it should read 110v-240v or something in the back) you are screwed. Step down transformers can be pricey so its really not worth it for cheap practice amp.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by RyanJordan23

Thats a step up converter. From USA to EU voltage. You need the opposite, Step down converter.

Also I dont know how well a cheap one like that would work with an amplifier.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
You'd do better by getting a used peavey Vypyr 30, Roland Cube 40xl, Vox VT40+, Fender Mustang II used for $100ish in your area off of Kajiji/craigslist
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate