in 2006 someone created an account here to comment on a tab. eventually they came to the forum. two and a bit years later in the second half of 2008 they accrued enough of a record to warrant a permaban. sometime early the next year they created another account because they were bored after school.

would the statute of limitations have ran out by now?
WELL THIS LOOKS RATHER SUSPICIOUS DOESN'T IT?!?!?
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
That is a very highly specific hypothetical. Cool.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
you don't have to hide behind a hypothetical. We know your'e asking for a friend
Why would this hypothetical user want the first hypothetical account to be unbanned? If the new hypothetical account has gone unsuspicious and whatever, than what point is there? Why not just keep using the new hypothetical account?
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
Why would this hypothetical user want the first hypothetical account to be unbanned? If the new hypothetical account has gone unsuspicious and whatever, than what point is there? Why not just keep using the new hypothetical account?

I want to know if there would be a statute of limitations on something like that. as a law student these types of things make me curious. like it interests me that you would seemingly look the other way even though I basically just said I was using a multi.
I mean it's up the mods really. But they'd probably take it on a case by case basis. It would probably depend on the new hypothetical account, its behaviour, why the old account was banned, etc etc. So in some cases it would probably slide, others not so much.

That being said, I'm saying all of this kind of from a position of authority, but I've only been a CC for two days so I still don't really know anything

wait are you saying the new hypothetical account is confessing to being a multi, or it just got found out? If it got found out, he'd be banned, and then expected to explain himself. If he confessed, well, probably the same, but it might end be being more lenient, I don't know.
it's all coming back

Last edited by Baby Joel at Sep 23, 2014,
Here's the thing. With permabans you can contest it in the fotb depending on how long you've been permad. Then the mods delegate the decision. As for multiple accounts, if the IP address matches your original account you are screwed because you broke the rules.

If you ever decide to make a new account, get a new IP address with another internet provider and NEVER log onto your previous account. If you do, your ips will be linked.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelshizzle at Sep 23, 2014,