hey guys i've been searching a lot in some forums for a new guitar for beginners..

which one from these is the best option?
ESP M50
Schecter Omen 6 (not extreme)
Epiphone LP Special II

Is the Marshal MG15 is a really bad amp?
So should i take better guitar and cheap amp like the MG15 or should i take a cheaper guitar with the LINE 6 spider iv 15w amp?
Don't get the Marshall MG nor the Line 6 Spider. Get something like a Roland Micro Cube or a Peavey Vypyr if you can find one used.

Out of those guitars, the Schecter is probably the best, but maybe it's a bit much for a beginner. Something like a Yamaha Pacifica is probably your best option for a beginner guitar.

You should also tell your location, your budget and your favourite genre. Are you ok with used gear?
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Sep 24, 2014,
Quote by guitar/bass95
Don't get the Marshall MG nor the Line 6 Spider. Get something like a Roland Micro Cube or a Peavey Vypyr if you can find one used.

Out of those guitars, the Schecter is probably the best, but maybe it's a bit much for a beginner. Something like a Yamaha Pacifica is probably your best option for a beginner guitar.

You should also tell your location, your budget and your favourite genre. Are you ok with used gear?

Roland Micro Cube? 2watt amp? isn't that too low? Peavey Vypyr is too expensive for me.
Mostly i'll play metal songs and classic rock..

What about the ESP MH-50?
And no, i rather buy a brand new gear instead of used.
Ok, and no, if you're a beginner the Micro Cube is plenty enough for you. It's at least a lot better than the MG or the Spider.

The ESP 50 models are nice, but not very reliable. My friend has one, and it has had a lot of problems with the electronics.
Quote by guitar/bass95
Ok, and no, if you're a beginner the Micro Cube is plenty enough for you. It's at least a lot better than the MG or the Spider.

The ESP 50 models are nice, but not very reliable. My friend has one, and it has had a lot of problems with the electronics.

Ok then, i guess that i'll take the Omen 6. But how is the VOX PF10 compering to the Roland micro cube?
Not the Epiphone. That was my first guitar and I can't say it's a good guitar with a straight face. LTD and Schecter make nice guitars but in that price range its a hit-or-miss situation. Personally I like LTD's more just because it seems that you get quality and performance in just about all of their guitars and basses. But there's nothing against Schecter, I've only played them twice and couldn't say it was a bad guitar. The Line 6 amp is a somewhat good amp but it has problems with getting the tone you like, for example, if you have too much gain on it'll start echoing really badly, but you can fix it, just not permanently. Have you looked into the Randall KH15?
Quote by guitar/bass95

I say try it, because I haven't had any electronics problems with mine. I will say though that the Schecter Omen 6 (at least the Omen active) is a nice playing guitar. Those would be the two from your list I would look at. I forget if it was the special or some other Epi LP, but I've heard pretty much nothing but bad things about it.

As for the amp, what kind of a budget are we talking about?
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
I have the spider iv 15 watt and I ****ing hate it. I bought it when I was first starting out and that it was cool and sounded alright for the price but yeah, it blows compared to others. I heard blackstar has a few decent cheap models.

As far as guitar goes id go with Schec or ESP. Whichever feels better to you
Quote by SexyBeast810
I say try it, because I haven't had any electronics problems with mine. I will say though that the Schecter Omen 6 (at least the Omen active) is a nice playing guitar. Those would be the two from your list I would look at. I forget if it was the special or some other Epi LP, but I've heard pretty much nothing but bad things about it.

As for the amp, what kind of a budget are we talking about?

I dont live in the US, so in my country the prices are little bit overpriced..
my overall budget is something around ~460 USD.

Anyway whats about the VOX PF10 amp?
Last edited by gabisimonov at Sep 24, 2014,
Quote by ImDesigner
I have the spider iv 15 watt and I ****ing hate it. I bought it when I was first starting out and that it was cool and sounded alright for the price but yeah, it blows compared to others. I heard blackstar has a few decent cheap models.

As far as guitar goes id go with Schec or ESP. Whichever feels better to you

Ok thx, first I thought that the spideriv 15 is a good amp, glad i didn't buy it.
Last edited by gabisimonov at Sep 24, 2014,
Quote by gabisimonov
Ok thx, first I thought that the spideriv 15 is a good amp, glad i didn't buy it.

Don't worry, many of us have made that mistake, me included

But anyway, another vote for the Yamaha Pacifica & Peavey Vypyr/Roland cube. Good lil' amps for people who don't need volume and are on a budget.
Quote by ambler3
Don't worry, many of us have made that mistake, me included

But anyway, another vote for the Yamaha Pacifica & Peavey Vypyr/Roland cube. Good lil' amps for people who don't need volume and are on a budget.

Ok then, thanks. will try the Pacifica and Omen 6 at the store.