Hi everyone,

I'm doing my final year design project in university soon and I would really appreciate any suggestions.
I'm a product design student and I'd love for my project to be centred around musicians. All I need is some problems that musicians face daily, just a simple statement like "my pedals keep losing their settings" or "I can't get my amp out of the van by myself" or anything like that.
Every problem is welcome so please feel free to write back, it'll be a major help. Thanks! Rob.
An affordable rechargeable Battery supply for a pedal-board would be awesome.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
build a guitar and your guaranteed an A... but apart from that, can you get a guitar that is more versatile than anything currently on the market... everything is samey at the mo
Quote by Robbgnarly

this is a banging idea, but do you only get marks for aesthetics or electronics?
Unfortunately, the guitar industry is saturated with products designed to solve almost every practical problem under the sun. It's difficult to come up with something that hasn't already been done before these days. The vast majority of products (especially accessories) are solving problems that simply don't exist in the real world.

Not to mention that a large majority of guitarists are resistant to change. Making it very difficult for innovation to truly take off.

I know it isn't what you want to hear, but that's just the way things are. There are many other better sectors of design than guitar-related ones in terms of viability.
Quote by Spykerwolf
guitars are overpriced today

They're orders of magnitude more affordable now than they were 40 years ago.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 29, 2014,
I find it difficult to get up in the morning if there is no food in the house

Sometimes I think my strings are too dirty but I'm too lazy to clean them and the cycle continues until I finally clean them

Sometimes when I'm recording mixing desk automation I change my mind and have to listen to the song again and again while recording to get it right and sometimes I'm just not in the mood to listen but I kinda want to do it. Ya feel?

Sometimes when I'm making music on my laptop, I really want to lie down on my bed, but then it's harder to use the finger-mouse thing and I don't have a mouse pad so when I use the mouse on the bed it doesn't work the same so I eventually just sit at the desk again
Quote by Robbgnarly

Check your PMs. I'm working on one of these...
Look to guitar synth technology. Even if you re-do jus part of the Goland guitar synth it would be good design chalenge. Start witch pitch-to-MIDI.
There is still lot to improve in accuracy and speed of the pitch recognition.
Try existing product and you will see few problems.
Try also make real touch sensitive keyboard. Still lot to be done to reach action liki in real piano.
Mechanics is the problem too bul electronics can still be improved.
I really good cheap wireless that will become the standard for every electric guitar made. Cables are so annoying and limiting, just as wireless quality sucks....a solution would be welcome to all.