good evening

im looking for a cab for my laney 15w head here are my options i need your opinions on them

1- i can get a matching Laney IRT212 297$ +66 for the shipping and around 24 days to arrive

now from local shop in bahrain

1- orange PPC212 570$

and i think they have the JIM ROOT signature but not in stock right now

2- randall THRASHER ( i think) 4×12 503$

3- randall USM-RV412 4 x 12 543$

basically 570$ is my budget

and if its matters i play alot of sabbath/ alice in chains /RATM and blues
please ignore my username
is the orange the closed-backed one?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
yep

That would be my choice then unless one of the Randall cabs has V30's or another "good" speaker in it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I second the closed back v30 cab. I play my ironheart studio through a prs stealth cab with v30s and i'm more than happy with it
My Shit:
ESP Eclipse, ESP Horizon III, PRS Mushok Baritone
Laney Ironheart Studio, Blackstar Ht-40
Quote by Robbgnarly
That would be my choice then unless one of the Randall cabs has V30's or another "good" speaker in it

the thrasher comes with Celestion G12H-100

the USM has the Vintage 30’s
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
the thrasher comes with Celestion G12H-100

the USM has the Vintage 30’s

Well from my under standing the G12H100 is pretty similar to the standard G12T75 that Marshall uses in most of their 1960 cabs (it is just a higher wattage) The randall with the V30's would be nice if you have the room and means to transport it. If space and transit are an issue the Orange for sure.

For me knowing that now, I'd get the Randall with V30's personally but transport is not an issue for me.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Honestly, given the power output, I'd avoid 4x12s. And given what you play, I'd probably try to go with a Mesa Thiele with a single EV-L or an aftermarket Thiele box with an Eminence Delta ProA. Both are very high efficiency and the Theile box with either speaker will give you a better chance with bottom end given the very limited power you have available.

Rawoods makes the Thiele box unfinished http://rawoods.com/?page_id=221

I'd finish it with Acrytech Duratex (http://store.acrytech.com/Speaker-Cabinet-Coatings/) -- the trial size kit is more than enough to finish it. Most Pro Audio companies are now using Duratex on their cabinets. It's also available in colors, it looks very much like tolex but it doesn't rip and you can easily fix scratches/dings. Another option is to find a LineX dealer (google) and have the cabinet hosed down with that stuff. Essentially, that's a pickup truck bed liner that goes on hot, is ready to take home in minutes and that's almost structural in the beatings it can take (beat it up AFTER you give it about 48 hours to finish curing, though).
Quote by Robbgnarly

that's what i'd have thought too. though i'm not sure i've tried any of these specific cabs I think the laney is meant to have mediocre-at-best speakers, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Ironheart cabs use some kind of "custom" HH speaker. Whatever that is...

Avoid it. Go for the Orange or the Randall USM.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well from my under standing the G12H100 is pretty similar to the standard G12T75 that Marshall uses in most of their 1960 cabs (it is just a higher wattage) The randall with the V30's would be nice if you have the room and means to transport it. If space and transit are an issue the Orange for sure.

For me knowing that now, I'd get the Randall with V30's personally but transport is not an issue for me.

I spoke with my friend yesterday about taking his land cruiser on Saturday he said he didnt need it on that day so thats solved because I remember having a hard time when I bought the orange cr60 and trying to fit it in my honda and I have a plenty of space in my room

Thanks robbganarly
Last edited by nirvana_n_roses at Sep 25, 2014,
Quote by lemurflames
The Ironheart cabs use some kind of "custom" HH speaker. Whatever that is...

Avoid it. Go for the Orange or the Randall USM.

I heard somewhere that they are made by an old British company that laney bought

Thanks man
According to the Randall website, the USM-RV412 has a V30 X T75 combo in it. If that's right, get that. No question whatsoever. It will crush every other cab listed.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
orange. i own two orange 2x12's and a Randall 2x12"+1x15" cabinet. the orange is built better.

it will not be any crushing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Updated the shop owner called me ans said that the salesman was worng so now both randall cabs have G12H-100 speakers
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well from my under standing the G12H100 is pretty similar to the standard G12T75 that Marshall uses in most of their 1960 cabs (it is just a higher wattage)

That would be T100. If I recall correctly the old H100 was quite similar to K100. However the H100 was discontinued long ago. If these speakers Randall uses are the same, just made for Randall, or is something totally different I dont have a slightest idea.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by Offworld92
According to the Randall website, the USM-RV412 has a V30 X T75 combo in it. If that's right, get that. No question whatsoever. It will crush every other cab listed.

yeah i checked the site also

the store have different ones
Quote by trashedlostfdup
orange. i own two orange 2x12's and a Randall 2x12"+1x15" cabinet. the orange is built better.

it will not be any crushing.

i think im going with orange
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
I heard somewhere that they are made by an old British company that laney bought

yeah i think so (though i doubt they're made in the UK).

they're not meant to be great. not sure I've tried them, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would also suggest the blackstar ht-408 cab, at least check out some of the reviews.
Or avatar cabs. Tons of options, great quality, pretty affordable.
Quote by MaaZeus
That would be T100. If I recall correctly the old H100 was quite similar to K100. However the H100 was discontinued long ago. If these speakers Randall uses are the same, just made for Randall, or is something totally different I dont have a slightest idea.

No the H100 is the "hot"100 which is/was the 100 watt version of the G12T75 and that was Celestion specs
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
So I got the orange and this is a noob question

Where does it get the power from because I noticed that yherr is no power socket
Quote by nirvana_n_roses
So I got the orange and this is a noob question

Where does it get the power from because I noticed that yherr is no power socket

Plug a speaker cable into the correct ohm output of the Ironheart (the one that matches the ohms of the orange cab you bought). plug the other end into the back of the speaker cab.

The cab is powered by the head, no wall socket needed

But make sure the ohms match or you can damage your amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^agreed. speaker cabs don't need power. I got confused by that first time i got a head/cab setup too
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Robbgnarly
Plug a speaker cable into the correct ohm output of the Ironheart (the one that matches the ohms of the orange cab you bought). plug the other end into the back of the speaker cab.

The cab is powered by the head, no wall socket needed

But make sure the ohms match or you can damage your amp.

So basically 16ohm from the amp to the 16 ohm in the cab

Thanks man
Quote by Dave_Mc
^agreed. speaker cabs don't need power. I got confused by that first time i got a head/cab setup too

Lol glad im not the only one xD
hehe

anything stupid gear-related you can assume I did it too at one point. or am probably still doing it and just haven't realised it yet
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try to remember the differences between a guitar/instrument cable and a speaker cable.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by Dave_Mc
hehe

anything stupid gear-related you can assume I did it too at one point. or am probably still doing it and just haven't realised it yet

we all got to start some where
yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?