Punk / Pop Punk friends! I am a drummer who now has started playing guitar for a year now. I have an Orange cab and a Rockerverb 50 head. I am a fan of Blink, Tonight Alive TSSF, Neck Deep, Rancid, etc. Also lets not forget about the 2 Mega Bands of this 2000 era, Creed and Nickleback. I am starting to save money for pedals but I don't know what I should get or look for to get that pop punk sound. I am getting a ChadderBox Loud/Louder, but what other kind of pedals would you guys suggest? Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Cheers
Andy
Get a tube screamer (or clone) to use as a boost and burn all of your creed/nickelback CD's and shirts.
Even if you only burn the stuff you'll be sitting way better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ I can't think of a way that could have been said better.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
i like creed and (older) nickelback

seriously, +1 on the ts (or sd1) as a boost.

do you have a link to the chadderbox? not familiar with it, just in case it's a ts clone or similar already

i don't really hear too many other effects in most of that pop punk stuff but i could be wrong
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
i like creed

Well to each their own
Quote by Dave_Mc
and (older) nickelback
I can't but second Robb here
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Yeah, me too...

And apparently several million other folks.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin

^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I enjoy some Creed and liked Nickelback's Silver Side Up album back in the day. I actually still think it's pretty decent. Guilty pleasure?

Having said that, Tremonti uses phaser and wah often and even has his own sig models. Apart from that a delay wouldn't hurt either. I don't really know the other bands but the genre doesn't really call for pedals to be honest. It's usually either a clean or dirty sound. If you want more help post some song examples for reference.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by Arby911
Yeah, me too...

And apparently several million other folks.

Millions of people watch the jersey shore too, that doesn't make it a good show
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm gonna hijack this thread and pose a few questions I have. Is there an advantage to using an OD for a boost? Also, wouldn't it be important to know if the OP plays guitar for a band? It seems to be that the boost would be useless if the owner is always playing alone.
Quote by chrismendiola
1. Is there an advantage to using an OD for a boost?
2. Also, wouldn't it be important to know if the OP plays guitar for a band? It seems to be that the boost would be useless if the owner is always playing alone.

1 it will help thicken your tone and make it punchier with a tad more gain, but it tends to not mush out and make the gain muddy.

2 a boost is just as useful playing alone and adds a little umph to the sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Millions of people watch the jersey shore too, that doesn't make it a good show

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
what rob said. i play at low volumes and I find a boost super useful. maybe more so than when playing louder as it helps with saturation etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm okay with Creed too...

Oh yeah and get a boost or whatever.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
I dream of being in a punk band and only needing a marshall and a ts

It happens too often where I'll be listening to a band that I grew up to ie millencolin, go wikipedia them only to find they used zero effects, just wrote great songs. Rock-on 90s punk bands
Quote by 7thString
I dream of being in a punk band and only needing a marshall and a ts

It happens too often where I'll be listening to a band that I grew up to ie millencolin, go wikipedia them only to find they used zero effects, just wrote great songs. Rock-on 90s punk bands

This is a JSX mixed with the recto model of the spider valve MkI
A TS and maybe a noise gate/suppressor is all you really need
https://myspace.com/teabagginsacmasters/music/songs

And Creed sucks Donkey balls/camel toe

And thanks Cath at least you get it, crusty old punk rocker you
One day we will have a beer together even if I have to fly 5000 miles to do it (and you'd still be a crusty, old punk
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 25, 2014,
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.

And when you get here we'll jam out on some Sex Pistols.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
We had a guy in the band admit that he liked Nickelback. We immediately started looking for his replacement.

And when you get here we'll jam out on some Sex Pistols.

Never mind the bollocks, huh? Well said Cath.
People have been describing my current band as "the Sex Pistols meets Rose Tattoo."
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
It's the slide guitar that gets us the Rose Tattoo association. There's a healthy dose of The Cosmic Psychos influence in there too. We're big fans of both the Pistols and the Psychos but the influence of Pete Wells (Rose Tattoo's slide guitarist) on my playing is unmistakable.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
fun drinking game. take a shot every time scott stapp says "this place" in his lyrics.

most humas would actually die of alcohol poisoning halfway through the album...
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
fun drinking game. take a shot every time scott stapp says "this place" in his lyrics.

most humas would actually die of alcohol poisoning halfway through the album...

But then you would actually have to listen to Creed and that alone would ruin the game
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Or cause possible fatalities
Mesa Boogie Single Rectoverb 50 series 2 combo
Randall RM100