i just picked up a 412 cab for dirt cheap but the speakers are terrible celestion 70/80s. it has 4 ohm jack switchable to 16 ohm mono and 8 ohm stereo. all the speakers inside are 16 ohm.i have four 8 ohm celestion hot 100s that i want to replace them with. using the same wiring would i get 2 ohm switchable to 8 ohm and 4 ohm stereo?

reason i would like 2 ohm cab is so i can use my backup head a crate shockwave gt3500 which gives you 350 watts at 2 ohms and 220 at 4 ohms. i know it can be achieved using two 4 ohm cabs but i want it in one.
esp ltd ec 1000 vb
schecter blackjack atx c -1 aged white
prs se singlecut fully modded

peavey 5150 combo celestion hot 100 speakers
to make a 412 cab with 4 8ohm speakers a 2ohm cab, you have to connect all the positives together and all the negatives together.

In more technical terms, wire all the speakers in parallel. the wiring that the cab currently has wont work. and forget about the stereo jack.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
If the cabinet has options of 4 and 16 ohms it would rather guess that all 4 speakers are 16 ohms each and connected in two ways.
Either all 4 in parallel for 4 ohms or 2 speakers in parallel and then 2 such a pairs ar either used separately, 8 ohm each for stereo or sonnected in series to get 16 ohms.

There is no way to get 2 ohms in any connection of these 4 speakers.
Quote by grego50
If the cabinet has options of 4 and 16 ohms it would rather guess that all 4 speakers are 16 ohms each and connected in two ways.
Either all 4 in parallel for 4 ohms or 2 speakers in parallel and then 2 such a pairs ar either used separately, 8 ohm each for stereo or sonnected in series to get 16 ohms.

There is no way to get 2 ohms in any connection of these 4 speakers.

he said the cab has 4 16ohm speakers, but he wants to replace them with 4 8ohm speakers. these 8ohm speakers in parallel do make a 2ohm cab.

as for the 16ohm speakers. There is a way to make 4 of those speakers in parallel give you 2ohm, but it involves getting a 4ohm non inductive resistor and wiring it in parallel with them as well.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1