I'm having a problem where my sound cuts out/breaks up sometimes, kinda like it stutters. Its' kinda hard to explain, it makes my tone weak overall. Happens with both channels. I have 2 guitars and it does this with both. Tried new cables and new tubes, neither helped. I'm at a loss, but I don't wanna pay to have someone look at it and its something I could've done myself.
Listen to CKY.
might be a cap going/gone bad. But with out looking at it, it is just a guess
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Could also be an input jack, I had problems with that myself when I owned a VK.
i also had issue wit the input jack on my VK. fixed it. wasn't a big deal. getting there and reassembled is where the time goes.

open her up! be sure to follow proper safety measures remember even unplugged amps that are off can literally kill.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
yeah, thats why I haven't done that yet, haha. What do I need to do so I don't kill myself?
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
yeah, thats why I haven't done that yet, haha. What do I need to do so I don't kill myself?

Does it do the same thing of you use the other input jack? if not then the jack is deff the issue.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by cky_rocks

Actually, I'm thinking you best give it to an electrician or someone more qualified... no offence, I just don't want you to hurt yourself, and some of the capacitors inside an amp are REALLY dangerous, because they're not self-draining.

Having said that, on a 100W model that I used to own, I know that caps are shielded in a separate compartment, and that if you keep your poking limited to area surrounding an input jack and pots, you should be safe. That may or may not apply to your model...
yeah, im a bit apprehensive about doing it. might just open it up to take a look.
Listen to CKY.
its my input jack. I use the dummy jack mod so i tried the first input jack and it seems fine.
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
its my input jack. I use the dummy jack mod so i tried the first input jack and it seems fine.

good. i hated opening that ****ing thing up to do a two minute job. hour plus to dissemble/reassemble.

i am glad everything is good, and you are smart to know your limitations when it comes to electronics.

there always is time to learn

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/