Hey guys i am Planning to Refinish my b.c Rich revenge warlock. And for those of you that think right off the bat that i am gonna spray paint it or do it as cheap as possible are wrong. I'm professionally panting it.

So what my question for you peeps is i'm very interested in the binding on the neck that a NJ Warlock Deluxe has it is white and is on the edges of the fret board and a tiny bit of white lays on the fretboard. How can i do this? i have all supplies that i would need and or materials.

LOOK AT THE PICTURE BEFORE YOU READ SO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

(sorry for caps, feel like a a**)
Attachments:
732_BC_Rich_NJ_Deluxe_Warlock_Electric_Guitar_Onyx_NJDLXWO_a.jpg
Binding a neck (or anything, really) is pretty hard if you've never done it before. First you have to remove all the frets from the board. Then you need to get a router with a bit suited for binding and have it mounted under a table so you can so even route height and depth all the way around. Then you need to get binding and suitable glue for keeping the binding secured. Cut the binding strip to length and slowly put it on a little bit at a time, brushing glue on ahead of it and taping it down (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszYf0V7HlA). Same for each side. Then when it's all set, you have to cut fret grooves into the binding and refret the neck.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Quote by TheStig1214
Binding a neck (or anything, really) is pretty hard if you've never done it before. First you have to remove all the frets from the board. Then you need to get a router with a bit suited for binding and have it mounted under a table so you can so even route height and depth all the way around. Then you need to get binding and suitable glue for keeping the binding secured. Cut the binding strip to length and slowly put it on a little bit at a time, brushing glue on ahead of it and taping it down (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hszYf0V7HlA). Same for each side. Then when it's all set, you have to cut fret grooves into the binding and refret the neck.

Is there any way that i could sand some of the board and paint it ? Or do i have to go through with the binding ?
Quote by bcrichy123
Is there any way that i could sand some of the board and paint it ? Or do i have to go through with the binding ?

You could definitely do that, but that would still require at least removing the frets. You'd have to tape off the parts you didn't want to paint to get a crisp line and paint it on very slowly and evenly with a brush or spray. Brush would be easier.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
It wouldn't be worth doing unless you're taking it to a guy who's been doing this for years. If you just want to paint it, get an acrylic paint, painters tape, and have a steady hand. It'll probably wear off soon if you play aggressively though.
Here's a question along the same lines: I've seen binding to be put on like in the video Stig posted, where it is along the curvature of the body. This allows you to have a single line of binding, and you wrap it around the body. But what about binding that is on the edge of the front of the body? Do they just cut the binding out to the dimensions along the front of the guitar?

Example:
Last edited by Will Lane at Sep 25, 2014,
Quote by Will Lane
Here's a question along the same lines: I've seen binding to be put on like in the video Stig posted, where it is along the curvature of the body. This allows you to have a single line of binding, and you wrap it around the body. But what about binding that is on the edge of the front of the body? Do they just cut the binding out to the dimensions along the front of the guitar?

Example:

What I imagine is done with that is the binding is put on before the guitar is poly coated. Then they mask off the front of the guitar and blast only the back and sides. The whole strip of binding is there, but the part of the side is under the black poly.
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9