Hello,

My Bugera 333 Infinium has started to make a humming noise.

I know tube amps constantly emit a low level hum, but this is much louder.

It usually occurs after about 15mins of playing. The hum lasts about a minute, then disappears.

What is the problem likely to be?

Cheers.
have you tried new preamp tubes? if that doesn't work send it back.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If it still has the stock tubes, preamp tubes in particular, change them. The original bugera tubes tend to be rubbish.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
If it still has the stock tubes, preamp tubes in particular, change them. The original bugera tubes tend to be rubbish.

Cheers for the response.

Are duff tubes likely to result in the humming? Don't really want to spend money on it to realise it's kaput.
Quote by MaaZeus

Just the tubes are rubbish?

Get at least one and swap positions. Could also be power tubes, transformer or the house power/grounding issue. Try another room first.
Quote by diabolical
Just the tubes are rubbish?

Thats the next option. If the tubes are not rubbish then the amp is and he should get it replaced.

I got nothing personal against Bugera/Behringer as they serve a perfect purpose for poor bedroom players but I would never get one without a warranty and for damn good reason.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Cheers guys.

Yeah, obviously I was well aware of the reliability issues that plague Bugera. But I was hoping they weren't so prevalent in the new, 'improved' Infiniums.

Doesn't seem to be the case though. This is already my second 333. The first one I got had a loose jack input. Had to wiggle it around to get it to work. Obviously, I swapped that one straight away.

But now there's issues with this one...

Bottom line though, these are a budget amps. I begrudge forking out £1000+ for a Marshall or something. I did have a TSL100, and to be honest, I didn't think it sounded very good at all. Especially not for the price tag.

If I can get this thing working properly, it'll be great :-) Wish me luck. I think I'll need it :-/
Quote by rythmking24
Cheers guys.

Yeah, obviously I was well aware of the reliability issues that plague Bugera. But I was hoping they weren't so prevalent in the new, 'improved' Infiniums.

well this is all I have to say about that
WISHNG WELL

TSL are not that great, the old DSL is great though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 25, 2014,
Quote by rythmking24
Cheers guys.

Not really here to bash Bugera but their 'improved' Infiniums are nothing but that. The 'tube health detection' technology may actually have made things worse. I'd keep a real good eye on your tubes and your tone. What you are describing does seem to point to the power section of the amp.