To begin with,if there's already existing thread(s) that answers this problem,feel free to ass spank me and redirect me there.
Other than that ... well,thread title pretty much sums it up.Yes,I do have a warm-up routine,pretty decent one in my oppinion.Still,even if it's remotley low temperature outside I can't completley get rid of that cold-stifness in my left hand fingers and my right hand wrist.Also it's a huge pain in the ass in situations when I can't warm up as much as I'd like (random jam sessions,things like that,nobody wants to hear your mindless chromatic scales repetition).Does it just go away along with all around skill improvment or is there a specific solution?
Have you tried literally warming your hands up? Like soaking them in warm water for a couple of minutes before you play?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well,I do have a habbit of washing my hands before touching guitar.The water temperature is usually comfortably warm,i guess,so yea,I tried that
Quote by Need2rock
To begin with,if there's already existing thread(s) that answers this problem,feel free to ass spank me and redirect me there.
Other than that ... well,thread title pretty much sums it up.Yes,I do have a warm-up routine,pretty decent one in my oppinion.Still,even if it's remotley low temperature outside I can't completley get rid of that cold-stifness in my left hand fingers and my right hand wrist.Also it's a huge pain in the ass in situations when I can't warm up as much as I'd like (random jam sessions,things like that,nobody wants to hear your mindless chromatic scales repetition).Does it just go away along with all around skill improvment or is there a specific solution?

Cold hands are a killer - get some good gloves.
do you feel relaxed while playing?
try to do some stretches and set your upper body in motion before every practice:
- circle your arms, elbows and wrists
- massage your fingers and palms to get more blood in them
- slap your lower forearm side (the one where you'd cut your wrist ) with fingers of your other hand until the skin is red

from time to time, i have the same problem. it can be even caused by food or character of your work.
Kinda relaxed,always trying to release tension from my fingers,not succeding completly,i guess.
Those advices seem helpfull.Never thought of warming up before playing guitar in a way I would warm up before workout
Quote by Need2rock
Kinda relaxed,always trying to release tension from my fingers,not succeding completly,i guess.
Those advices seem helpfull.Never thought of warming up before playing guitar in a way I would warm up before workout

thank to John Petrucci