Page 1 of 3
let's pave it all over and turn it into a car park.

then give free parking to everyone.

instant world peace.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Couldn't give a shit
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I wouldn't really say we went to Iraq to drive out terrorists. The idea was to get rid of Hussein and/or find WMDs. The terrorists/insurgents moved in once we made a mess of things.

Not to mention that the origins of IS can be traced back to before the invasion of Iraq, and even before the terrorist attacks on September 11. Granted the group was much smaller at the time, it evolved into what we have now.

Oh, and the Saudis recognize IS as a terrorist organization, so I'm not sure where this person gets the idea that they support IS. In fact the Saudis are taking part in the airstrikes against IS.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2014/09/25/Saudi-Arabia-releases-pictures-of-pilots-who-took-part-in-strikes-against-ISIS.html
You mention the bad shit happening but you don't mention the people trying to do good. Ali went on a reverse hunger strike to protest the war and gained over 88 lbs last year.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by willT08
yes literally all of this is our fault

STFU.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
That's an overly simplistic view. Also the Saudis stopped their all out support of Islamism after the MB was removed in Egypt. They'll still arm them against Assad but likely withdraws any support for groups that threaten allies. Having said that the Saudi govt isn't really all that different from those Islamist groups.

As for the rest, well, enemy of my enemy is not my friend, especially if they were already enemies.

The last bit: lolno. All of this was not started by US invasion. This shit was set in place since the Ottoman empire, further fueled by Vichy occupation of Syria, split during cold war alliances, started boiling with Saddam's invasion of Kuwait, add a dash of 2003 invasion and the seemingly inevitable Arab spring, it all comes close to its climax once the Syrian civil war leads to utter collapse of half the country (of course an intentional effort on Assad's part to bomb nearly every city into the ground and embolden Islamist groups fighting against him). Kinda laughable that a US/UK newspaper would claim those countries started this with the 2003 invasion. I'd actually almost say that barely qualifies as a part of the spark plug considering that Saddam was gonna go one way or the other.
Quote by NewDayHappy
STFU.

To an extent it is. We got involved since the early 1900s, backed Israel and then got involved with all the Iran shit in the 70s too. Too much vested interest in the area due to British investments like the Suez canal.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
To an extent it is. We got involved since the early 1900s, backed Israel and then got involved with all the Iran shit in the 70s too. Too much vested interest in the area due to British investments like the Suez canal.

Muslims believe in the same Bible that say's the land belongs to the Jews!
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
I disagree on the grounds of it's not a good idea to say we hate a country when we really just hate their government and leaders.

I have nothing against the average Iranian. It's just that my president and his/her president don't get along.
Quote by archangels
I disagree on the grounds of it's not a good idea to say we hate a country when we really just hate their government and leaders.

I have nothing against the average Iranian. It's just that my president and his/her president don't get along.

Remove yet another dictator so a group like ISAS can roll in? Let the dictator smash these religious groups because he is hungry and in power.
To be honest most of the conflict in the middle east can all be traced back to the end of the first world war when the European colonial powers went back on their promises of independence to various states in the area and instead literally split the land up among themselves on a map with a ruler, with absolutely no concern for the locations of existing peoples or religious groups
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by RetroGunslinger
To be honest most of the conflict in the middle east can all be traced back to the end of the first world war when the European colonial powers went back on their promises of independence to various states in the area and instead literally split the land up among themselves on a map with a ruler, with absolutely no concern for the locations of existing peoples or religious groups

So true. You can see this is evident even now with peoples such as the Kurds not having any lands for themselves.
At this point, it doesn't matter how it all started or who is to blame for all the individual **** ups (many politicians from many countries are to blame), but what matters is how we handle the situation now. I'm speaking of the U.S. but that of course goes for any country currently involved. Things are not going to get better there for a long time, so we just need to do as much as we can to keep things from getting worse. I'm not sure if we are on the right track (I'm thinking not) but placing blame does not help anyone.
the only thing i dont get, is why the US always try to be like the world big brother, and solve other countries problems? why do the US fight battles that dont belong it? oh right... oil deals...
I'm not sure if this is the right or wrong track either. Then again I don't know what the coalition's plans are. It's a war I guess. I'm frankly surprised they hit Syria at all, considering how hard the US resisted that for three years.
Quote by enry.arias
the only thing i dont get, is why the US always try to be like the world big brother, and solve other countries problems? why do the US fight battles that dont belong it? oh right... oil deals...

US invades: OMG stop being the world police and get out of other country's affairs, you thieves.

US doesn't invade: How can you just sit by and watch all these people get slaughtered and oppressed in their own country? You are so immoral, USA.
Check out my band Disturbed
I didn't bother to read every post so this may have been said, but in case it hasn't and don't be fooled by people vague notions of the Western World and its governments playing hero. The real reason our governments are involved in the middle east is undeniably oil and more specifically the fact that Iran, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Lebanon along with Russia and China are planning to trade oil in currencies other than the Dollar and that my friends is the real reason they destabilized all of the countries listed except IRAN and are currently engaging in propaganda for war against Iran, and Russia and funding groups such as ISIS. What it all boils down to is the death of the petrodollar and the end of western Hegemony.
Last edited by Voidwalk3r at Sep 25, 2014,
Quote by StewieSwan
US invades: OMG stop being the world police and get out of other country's affairs, you thieves.

US doesn't invade: How can you just sit by and watch all these people get slaughtered and oppressed in their own country? You are so immoral, USA.

Two separate kinds of people. Also, there's no written rule saying that once you choose either of the above options you have to stick with it throughout all of the US' engagements.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by ErikLensherr
You mention the bad shit happening but you don't mention the people trying to do good. Ali went on a reverse hunger strike to protest the war and gained over 88 lbs last year.

I hear Steve McQueen is looking to make a film about it. Can't wait to see how Fassbender plays Ali.

someone had better get this damn reference
Surprisingly its name is just gonna be Hunger 2

Quote by ErikLensherr

The UN didn't take my letters seriously cuz they got chocolate stains on them
Aghh, yeah, the Middle East is kind of a shiters****. I don't fully understand it myself either.

The best thing to do is to actually get informed about it, before sending nukes or whatever. Is there an easy essay or article or something describing everything? Like, all the ties between the leaders, countries, Hussein, whatsoever?
If it has pretty pictures it's a plus
Lol you can't deny that so much shit to this day in the ME went down because of Britain's white paper supporting Israel and all the land grabs post WW1 and WW2.
Page 1 of 3