Hey
I am buying new guitar for Metal (metalcore, thrash,death,..) and I can't decide between these guitars,..

ESP-LTD M-400 - 260€
ESP-LTD KH 202 - 350€
ESP LTD M-1000FM See Thru Black- 399€

I own Engl Powerball, if its any help
Tnx guys
What bands do you want to sound like? Are all of those guitars available for you to play? On paper the M-1000 is going to be the best.

The KH 202 is a signature guitar, and I would recommend that you only buy it if it feels the best to play between those guitars. A lot of what you're paying for with the KH202 is the name.

Try out all of the guitars through a Powerball if possible so you'll know what it should sound like with your rig. Don't rule out any other brands though. Try out some Ibanez, PRS, and maybe even some Epiphone and Charvel guitars. Try everything you can get your hands on.

Best of luck.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Have you tried the guitars? If yes, which of them felt/sounded the best to you? If not, try them. And as said above, also try other guitars.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I cant test any of these guitars :/ So i just want to know which of these 3 is considered the best one ? I have Ibanez (xpt700, Rg-something, prestige)..but it does not fit my head well.. maybe xpt is kind a good, but not what i want.. And i am in love with esp (Ltd)
Quote by AWACS
On paper the M-1000 is going to be the best.

+1

Most likely in practice, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the 1000 series is obviously the highest quality. the 400 series definitely holds up against them despite lacking the fancy trim that's standard on the 1000s. signature guitars are generally sub par, the 202 is going to be the lowest quality of them all, i'm also of the opinion that buying signature guitars is for nerdlets.

also the biggest piece of advice i can give you is that you try the guitar before you pay for it. you might like the way it looks but hate the way it feels in your hands. liking how your guitar looks is a good thing, but most people will tell you that liking the way it plays is more important.
Quote by kurtebirdi
the 1000 series is obviously the highest quality. the 400 series definitely holds up against them despite lacking the fancy trim that's standard on the 1000s. signature guitars are generally sub par, the 202 is going to be the lowest quality of them all, i'm also of the opinion that buying signature guitars is for nerdlets.

also the biggest piece of advice i can give you is that you try the guitar before you pay for it. you might like the way it looks but hate the way it feels in your hands. liking how your guitar looks is a good thing, but most people will tell you that liking the way it plays is more important.

What if the guitar has specs on it that you can't get elsewhere?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I am a nerdlet...ahh, who am I kidding? My buddies call me the Grand High Nerdus...among other things.

I only have one actual sig guitar, and its specs are indeed the reason I bought it. I had never heard the name of the artist whose sig it is, even though I had heard songs he played on.

And looking at my (extensive) G.A.S. list, I have about 4 or so other sig models I want...all based on specs, not personalities.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
The M1000 looks pretty cheap. I mean, it's over €900 new on Thomann. It looks like a pretty good deal. Do you know the condition of the guitars (I assume they are all used)?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
The M1000 looks pretty cheap. I mean, it's over €900 new on Thomann. It looks like a pretty good deal. Do you know the condition of the guitars (I assume they are all used)?

Yea, they are all used, but i cant test them all becuse i must go to another country to get them and i am going there only once.. not 3 times to test every one of them thats the problem.