Hi guys, this singer in town is making an album and asked me to play the solo on one of the songs, so I made a demo of it today - he will record it properly at his place with a real amp and a real mic. So I need to hear some reactions and based on that send it to him or, well, try again

If it matters something, I think myself that the solo is worth listening to. Here goes:
Solo 1

(Also there will still be vocals through the first half of the solo, he wanted that. So it should be less loud. Just so you know!)
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
bf,
At times it sounds good, other times sounds off key (the lead guitar). I think it is the way you are bending the strings (not enough or too much). Or your guitar is out of tune. Or you're just hitting some wrong notes. Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1657183
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Sep 26, 2014,
Hi bornfidelity,

Just took a listen to your solo, and I certainly like the structure of it (am I to presume that the singer will be singing up until the high bends before things step up into the tappy part?). There does seem to be some disparity in pitch around some of the bending sections though (most noticeably of all after the aforementioned tapping section, which I loved, by the way!). This is nothing that can't be sorted with practice on bending technique though (are you doing the usual things - backing the bend up with as many fingers as you can, wrapping your thumb over the top of the fretboard?), and overall, when these kinks are ironed out, I would imagine the singer will be very pleased with your efforts

I have an improvised solo piece I'd love to hear your opinion on too. You'll find it at the link below.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1657366
Awesome, thanks. I should address the tuning issue, maybe I shouldn't be playing my workhorse practice guitar for demos like this, as it needs new strings & an intonation job actually thanks, it's good to be reminded about my extremely sloppy bending technique (I'm way lazy)
but Axeman I have to add that the painful bends after the tapping part are my favourite part of the solo

So the singer was impressed (didn't play it exactly like this) but I want to first hear the vocal track and then do some improvs
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73