I'v found myself revisiting this one more often than not over the years. There is something unmistakably enjoyable about it, despite my initial and persisting doubts about it.

When one dances from the left hand side, you can expect things to get very percussive. Not Suffocation/Cryptopsy percussive, but Swedish/Kick-Snare-Tom percussive. The drumming is so vitally important to the song formulas found here. Thankfully the drummer shines. His performance is tasteful and nuanced. There is character to be found behind the kit but it also does not forget to carry the riffs over.

Speaking of riffs, did I mention Sweden? These Fins take some Death of the Swedish variety and add oomph of the Rock kind behind their delivery. Things feel heavy, but momentous. If you're one of those weird dipshits who demands atonality and zero song writing, stay away from this album.

Cybernetic Summer has a riff/lead in it that has had me humming it for years. That tone on the lead... Mmm. Plenty of parts on this album have the weirdness in phrasing that Fins were so apt at mustering in the early/mid 90's. It feels so foreign, yet achingly familiar.

The drums are wee bit too slappy for my taste and some of the riffs are borderline MeloDeath-ish, but again and again I return to this album. And when Christcide carries me off with its wah wah waah riff one more time and one last BLAST is uttered before the album ends, I still don't quite grasp why I have kept and returned to this album so many times over the years.

I keep dancing leftward though, so try it out.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
These Fins take some Death of the Swedish variety and add oomph of the Rock kind behind their delivery. Things feel heavy, but momentous.

The Finnish sound encompassed by the few bands I give glory to describes this super well. Don't know where to start commenting, so I'll just pick a song at random.

There are some ridiculously good intros like Unholy Wrath, but there is an amazing feel of continuity throughout like the track didn't bother trying to be original, just a nice flowing piece of music. Vocals get my attention first though, very gutteral but throaty, "phlegm-like." The combination of two vocal styles gives it a bit more character, but the gutteral vocals are done exceptionally well, or rather I enjoyed them very much so. But better yet, there's a solo that doesn't sound like a shitload of fukk, but it didn't really stand out as much as compliment the prior riffs.
Quote by severed-metal

There are some ridiculously good intros like Unholy Wrath....

That pick up from the relatively melodic Cybernetic Summer makes it even better, eh?
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Indeed. This album is chockful of melodies worthy of being noted. Note #2, A Thorn in Holy Flesh? That entire track is just ballsy melodic death metal, save for the best for last they said, but they put it as the penultimate one instead. Re-listening to this album was the second best decision I made all night.

My face isn't even being melted, it's just being melodically ripped off as it should. The chorus is beautifully done with that section of riffs being just within the threshold of hearing, so you're forced to pay attention. This track made me wish I knew more about music so I could make better comments.
well darn. This album keeps bombing for me lol. Ive tried it a myriad of times over the past decade, almost, and nothing. However Im glad I finally gave Therion/Beyond Sanctorum the try it deserved cause I do quite like it.
Beyond Sanctorum is a near perfect Death Metal album. A wonderful mix and production values, with appropriately ancient riffs.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one