Hi everybody!

I've lately been playing with the idea of a beautiful thing. My ultimate amp.
I've searched high and low without finding anything that ticks all the boxes so I'm hoping you can enlighten me with you knowledge.

I currenctly own a VOX AC30 which sounds amazing but also is amazingly hard to carry around, so it sits perfectly still in our rehersal studio.

What I would like to complement this is an amp that I can use outside that magical place.

What I need is the following: Headphones and AUX input for practicing at home, easy to carry around (preferably without constant fear of bumping in to something that will pulverize it, so maybe not tubes), those sweet sweet sounds from my VOX or something thats similar and last but not least being able to power a 4x12.

I know this is a tall order but I'm hoping theres something out there that can sooth this itch.

I'm thankful for your input!
There's this new invention called the wheel ...................
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by yoshi122
Hi everybody!

I've lately been playing with the idea of a beautiful thing. My ultimate amp.
I've searched high and low without finding anything that ticks all the boxes so I'm hoping you can enlighten me with you knowledge.

I currenctly own a VOX AC30 which sounds amazing but also is amazingly hard to carry around, so it sits perfectly still in our rehersal studio.

What I would like to complement this is an amp that I can use outside that magical place.

What I need is the following: 1: Headphones and AUX input for practicing at home, easy to carry around (preferably without constant fear of bumping in to something that will pulverize it, so maybe not tubes), 2: those sweet sweet sounds from my VOX or something thats similar and last but not least 3: being able to power a 4x12.

I know this is a tall order but I'm hoping theres something out there that can sooth this itch.

I'm thankful for your input!

Well...
for #1 & #2, IMO, a Vox Valvetronix would be your best bet. Check the Vox web site (http://www.voxamps.com/ ), Manuals ( http://www.korguk.com/voxmanuals/index.htm ) for their amps are there as well so you might find something else that fits your needs among their offerings.
As for #3, the Valvetronix can power a 2x12 just fine. Never tried one with a 4x12.
Would just have to modify it with a jack to go to an external cab.
If you choose the Valvetronix route, I would suggest VT80+ or the VT120+, they have the AUX input. The lower wattage models don't.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 26, 2014,
Quote by yoshi122
What I need is the following: Headphones and AUX input for practicing at home, easy to carry around (preferably without constant fear of bumping in to something that will pulverize it, so maybe not tubes), those sweet sweet sounds from my VOX or something thats similar and last but not least being able to power a 4x12.
The powered version of the kemper.
Or the pre only version + a power amp.
Or an HD500 + a power amp.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.

More guitarists are moving to this kind of setup (right of the guitar).

The speaker on the amp stand is a powered Carvin PM12A (12" woofer, horn tweeter) with 400W RMS that weighs in at 29 pounds. The modeler is on the floor. This is a setup that you can one-hand (well, the powered speaker part, at least) into any venue. The speaker also has a "top hat" built in that will allow it to be placed on a pole, or it can be used as a floor wedge monitor. $259 There's also a version of this with a 15" LF driver.

In this case, the powered speaker also has a small mixer on the back, but not all do.

If you need more bottom end thump, forget the wimpy-ass 4x12. An 18" subwoofer with a 1400W amp built-in will run about $569, weighs about 69 pounds and you can pole-mount the other powered speaker on that. This whole system weighs less than a tube amp head plus 4x12, but you're able to run a lot more power, much cleaner bottom end, and you won't have the "icepick treble beaming" of a 4x12.