Hey all,

Generally avoid the forums here because I'm not always 100% I'm talking out my ass because my mouth knows better.

Was re-stringing my Charvel last nigh and I threaded the arm on so I could pivot the bridge to change the strings.
I dipped the bar and heard a loud pop, saddle pins grenaded all over the damned place and I about crapped my britches realizing I somehow wasn't holding my mouth right and the threaded collar for my trem arm was now banouche (N.F.G. / F.U.B.A.R.'d).
The thing busted damn near clean in two (vertically not laterally).

I'm in a tizzy because it was my only axe in rock-ready condition now I'm without a shred-machine.

I've been assessing the situation as best I can and as far as I could see and or tell it appears as though the threaded collar is one with the base plate and if that be the case I'm one screwed simian.

My only other axe; an ESP M-Custom; is on loan to a friend outta state; and I am without a whip to cross the Idaho boarder. I sold my Jackson to a bass player buddy who wanted to get into guitar, he's since dipped out to parts unknown.

If its the base plate it's gonna ruin me about $80 I don't have.

Anyone have any experience with A situation like this?

Btw guitar is a 2009 Charvel San Dimas Wild Card #7 MIJ with the Koran Floyd.
Quote by FUglySchtick
Hey all,

Generally avoid the forums here because I'm not always 100% I'm talking out my ass because my mouth knows better.

Was re-stringing my Charvel last nigh and I threaded the arm on so I could pivot the bridge to change the strings.
I dipped the bar and heard a loud pop, saddle pins grenaded all over the damned place and I about crapped my britches realizing I somehow wasn't holding my mouth right and the threaded collar for my trem arm was now banouche (N.F.G. / F.U.B.A.R.'d).
The thing busted damn near clean in two (vertically not laterally).

I'm in a tizzy because it was my only axe in rock-ready condition now I'm without a shred-machine.

I've been assessing the situation as best I can and as far as I could see and or tell it appears as though the threaded collar is one with the base plate and if that be the case I'm one screwed simian.

My only other axe; an ESP M-Custom; is on loan to a friend outta state; and I am without a whip to cross the Idaho boarder. I sold my Jackson to a bass player buddy who wanted to get into guitar, he's since dipped out to parts unknown.

If its the base plate it's gonna ruin me about $80 I don't have.

Anyone have any experience with A situation like this?

Btw guitar is a 2009 Charvel San Dimas Wild Card #7 MIJ with the Koran Floyd.

You lend ESP M Customs overstate? Wow dude, your either really nice or just nutters :P

On topic, yeah sounds like you need a new arm, collar, and block

Is it in a condition where you can use it without the trem bar? (Pics are always a big help when posting)
You just need to buy a new OFR arm coupler/housing. You will also need buy a new OFR arm to match it, FR sells them both together in a kit. To remove it: It has a Allen head bolt on the back of it that you need to take out and the coupler/housing will pop right out. I don't know if the poster above is talking about the sustain block, or not, but you do not need to replace that if that's what he's talking about.

Here is a breakdown of the collar for you can see how it goes together.