Quote by Morphogenesis26
That man has some of the best vocals in metal.

Fix'd.
Sure, his voice is raw as ****, but it matches the pure ****ing savagery of their music. It's ****in metal... doesn't need to be all polished up all the time. His voice is like a rusty sawblade that will give you tetanus and hepatitis for being a lameass.
Every singer in Brazil had a voice like rusty sawblades during the 80s
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Soulfly is absolute bottom of the barrel. Early Sepultura ( pre '91) is amazing though. Top of its class
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
Soulfly is absolute bottom of the barrel. Early Sepultura ( pre '91) is amazing though. Top of its class

If were talking Primitive and such, I'll agree with ya... but Enslaved is a mighty fine record, sir. That shit is like a continuation of the BTR/Arise sound but with some Death/Black Metal overtones. That drummer on Enslaved slays.

...so it's like early Sep & late Soulfly are awesome. At least give some credit that new Soulfly records are a vast improvement over the first couple Soulfly albums.
Actually Soulfly hasn't improved anything. They are essentially the same as they have always been. People criticize Max all the time for the vocals but that isn't the issue here, its simply that he isn't in Sepultura anymore where he belongs. I promise, if Max was still in Sepultura you would have a completely different view on the music he makes. Soulfly and all these other projects are just pandering to the masses.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
I like how it took over 20 years for Max to put out something that's not completely terrible, yet is still mediocre as ****.
Quote by rg_metal
Actually Soulfly hasn't improved anything. They are essentially the same as they have always been.

lolwut? compare these two songs and you can actually believe that Soulfly hasn't improved anything? Are you def, son?

http://youtu.be/-4Z9NkY7St0
http://youtu.be/T_EPTbMPtdc

People criticize Max all the time for the vocals but that isn't the issue here, its simply that he isn't in Sepultura anymore where he belongs. I promise, if Max was still in Sepultura you would have a completely different view on the music he makes. Soulfly and all these other projects are just pandering to the masses.

Pretty sure that's not his decision.
If Max was still in Sepultra and he had made the same music (in Sepultra) that he has made with Soulfly since its inception, it wouldn't matter. He would still have a giant black mark on his musical record.
Quote by progbass
No. Soulfly is an awful mess of nu metal.

You must not have listened to World Scum because there is no remote semblance of nu metal in that song.