HELP! So I'm thinking of buying a Vox Night Train 15w head but I haven't got a cab yet. Can I use the speaker from my combo (Marshall AVT150) with my new head? My combo puts out at 8ohms and the Night Train can put out at either 8 or 16 ohms. Assuming I plugged the combo speaker into the 8ohm output on the Night Train, would it work or would it mess up my combo and/or the Night Train?
yes it will work. just match the ohms and you'll be fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It would work but it will sound bad because the speakers and the cab part of the combo sound bad, so get a new cab as soon as you can.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ i've heard rumours that the speaker in the avt combos is actually a rebranded celestion hot 100, which has the rep of actually being pretty nice (i haven't tried it). I'm guessing the avt cab isn't helping it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?