Quote by Tyler.Allain
Let's say I've come across what I believe to be a Fujigen Epiphone Les Paul Elite. I've gotten it for a price of $600 w/ohsc. Its in mint shape. I've scoured the net, and while discussions of the Elite/Elitist Les Pauls are aplenty, it seems that there is a lot of misinformation/uncertainty.

Here's some info about my Les Paul: It's got the open book head stock w/ 2 screw truss rod cover. Previous owner suggests it is a 1995 or somewhat close to this year.

I have a few questions for those knowledgeable about the subject.
If the serial number began with not an F, but a number, what would this mean?
Lets say the first number on my Les Paul is a 2. Does this mean the guitar is a 92?
What is the difference between an Elite and an Elitist?

Thanks. Any information is appreciated. If you could cite sources of your information, that would be great too. Thanks.

I have an Elite MIJ model which were renamed Elitist: http://epiphonewiki.com/index.php/Elitist_Series_%28Japan%29. The site notes that the solidbody electrics were made from 2003-2005.

Wait for paruwi, who's knowledgeable about Epis.

Here's mine.

Quote by Tyler.Allain
Let's say I've come across what I believe to be a Fujigen Epiphone Les Paul Elite. I've gotten it for a price of $600 w/ohsc. Its in mint shape. I've scoured the net, and while discussions of the Elite/Elitist Les Pauls are aplenty, it seems that there is a lot of misinformation/uncertainty.

Here's some info about my Les Paul: It's got the open book head stock w/ 2 screw truss rod cover. Previous owner suggests it is a 1995 or somewhat close to this year.

I have a few questions for those knowledgeable about the subject.
If the serial number began with not an F, but a number, what would this mean?
Lets say the first number on my Les Paul is a 2. Does this mean the guitar is a 92?
What is the difference between an Elite and an Elitist?

Thanks. Any information is appreciated. If you could cite sources of your information, that would be great too. Thanks.

There is no difference between Elite and Elitist,
it got renamed because of Ovations 'Elite' series, which existed earlier

Elite/Elitists have not been made in 95
Elite/Elitists should have the sticker on the backside of the headstock, like shown above

the 'open-book' headstock tells it is a 'JDM' (Japan Domestic Market' Epi
JDM Elite/Elitists have been made from 2003-2005

serial format is like this...

1998-Current

The Yamano Gakki Epiphone Japan serial numbers from 1998 onwards are in a YMMPPP format.

Y = Year of manufacture
MM = Month of manufacture
PPP = Production number

The serial number letters used by the Terada and Fuji-Gen guitar factories are:
J = Terada
T = Terada,
F = Fuji-Gen
No Letter = Fuji-Gen

Example: J902123 = Terada / 1999 / February / unit 123
Example: T902123 = Terada / 1999 / February / unit 123
Example: F902123 = Fuji-Gen / 1999 / February / unit 123
Example: 902123 = Fuji-Gen / 1999 / February / unit 123

if your serial has no prefix-letter and starts with 2 it is made in 2002

if your guitar doesn't have the 'Elite/Elitist' sticker it could have been made earlier, just not as early as 92
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Thanks for your information!!! Did I pay a fair price for the guitar?

Yes !