Hello i am interested in Harley Benton Guitars?
- How is the quality?
- Are fret edges verry sharp?
- Are frets jumbo or small?
- Is the body solid wood?
i've bought both a hb guitar and bass. for the price they are great. quality is very hit and miss (as you'd expect at the pp) the guitar had dead spots, sharp edges, noisy pickups etc and i ended up returning it. the bass was spot on though, no sharp edges, good fretwork, no dead spots etc. so its a bit of a lottery.
^ that's what i've heard too. a bunch of people on the fretboard forum got them, so it might be worth a look. I haven't tried them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by blacknex
There are better quality guitars at the same cost.

Ya think?

HB is a house brand, and that can be good and bad. Depending on how close an eye the "house" (Thomann?) keeps on the quality, and how low the prices are maintained, this can be good. Most house brands exist because they're cheap and because the profit margin for the house is better than they get with the bigger brand name guitars.

Agile is one house brand (Rondo Music only) that's outstanding, and that has become very much a bang-for-the-buck standout. It's not as great for outside-the-US purchasing, perhaps, since the various shipping and customs costs are high compared to the low cost of the guitars.

Keep an eye on Epiphone over the next couple of years. If Gibson is giving up on the low-priced spread (they did it badly) and moving completely into the premium guitar business, they may allow Epiphone to spread its wings a bit, ramp up its quality (it's certainly capable) and take over the under-$1500 range for them.
Quote by beatreebor
i've bought both a hb guitar and bass. for the price they are great. quality is very hit and miss (as you'd expect at the pp) the guitar had dead spots, sharp edges, noisy pickups etc and i ended up returning it. the bass was spot on though, no sharp edges, good fretwork, no dead spots etc. so its a bit of a lottery.

Like cars in USSR
Don't necro old threads.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend