I'm buyin a new guitar but i can't decide which (money doesn't matter) i'm playing metal but not like gojira or that kind of tunedown 1 step songs...can anyone help?
get the one you like best.

If money doesn't matter, look at some USA made PRS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 28, 2014,
I'm going to assume you mean a strat with a humbucker in the bridge... cause otherwise there's a bit of tone difference IMO.

If its humbucker v humbucker then go ahead and play some and choose one that feels right to you, if it's single coil v humbucker then the V is going to be the better choice for metal hands down.. Unless you like to play other music?

Do you just want to play metal?
You might as well ask if someone prefers chicken or beef.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
For looks, the V is the way to go. Depending on the V you choose, it can also give you GREAT upper fret access (assuming that you USE the upper frets much).

For ergonomics, the original Strat may be one of the best designs ever. It hangs well, it's got a forearm curve and a tummy cut. I've never cared for the pickguard covering the face of the guitar, and I've never been a fan of bolt-neck guitars (though I have a few now). And original strats had fretboards that were too rounded (7.25" radius) and necks that have seemed, to me, a bit oddly shaped (deep V, etc.).

A V requires that you use a classical position when you're seated (not a bad thing), and the strap button is usually near where you have your fretting hand when you're in that upper fret area. Great guitar when you standing, less so when seated.

My V is a neck-through. So are most of my strat (ish) guitars (mostly Carvins), and most of those have 24 frets free (rather than 21 or 22), flatter radius fretboards, extremely comfortable necks, etc.

All that said, I'm mostly playing Les Paul type guitars with Floyds (!) these days, but one of my favorite strat-alikes is the neck-through Carvin DC-145 (three pickups in HSH configuration, with a five-way, a master volume, master tone, two coil tap miniswitches for the humbuckers and a "bridge pickup add-in" miniswitch); 24 frets, 14" radius fretboard, stainless medium-jumbo frets, ebony fretboard, straight-pull headstock, done in solid mahogany (body/neck) with a 4A quilt maple cap and a Wilkinson-style trem.
Eurofighter Typhoon vs Double Decker Bus
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.