Last year my uncle gave me an old valve amp and after playing it i got sick very bad. Half an hour after playing. I thought it was because of the dust or something.
This week i bought the marshall dsl40c and after playing it in my room for 2 hours or so, i got sick. Fever, feeling cold. After two days i tried again in the big living room and it didnt help. all started again.

Its not a couincidens because it happend with two amps. The heat that comes out of it and the smell must be the problem, maybe i have an allergy to something.

Did you ever felt bad after playing a valve amp?
Last edited by motixlost at Sep 28, 2014,
I like the smell, and it's not the amp making you sick. Just a guess, but...wash your hands more maybe?
I like the smell too, my body doesn't. And the sound is great.. but man, i guess everybody gets it differntly or someting...
Quote by motixlost
Did you ever felt bad after playing a valve amp?
A lot of times, especially in music stores after looking at the price tags.

Bad though, not in any way sick as you're describing.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I'd go as far as saying that it's impossible to get sick from playing a tube amp.

Go see a doctor ASAP.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I'll point out that this is one time of year when colds run rampant, so it can't really be blamed on an amp.
Have you been to West Africa lately?
I'm guessing that you have Ebola..
2013 Les Paul Signature T Alpine White Burst
2013 Les Paul 60s Tribute Vintage Sunburst with 50s wiring Orange Drops and a JB and a 59 Duncan
Jackson Dinky Pro DK2M Satin Black
Blackstar HT5TH
Quote by Linkerman
I'd go as far as saying that it's impossible to get sick from playing a tube amp.

Go see a doctor ASAP.

This.

I've played & been around guitarists & their amps for over 25 years and never heard of anyone getting sick because of it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud

But yeah, my guess is that you have either an irrational phobia or a subconscious cause/effect disorder. You may need a doctor, but not the physical kind. Whatever it is, get it diagnosed and fixed as soon as mentally possible.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 28, 2014,
yeah, nah man. lol.

Sounds like it's in your head honestly. And even if it weren't just in your head and there was some sort of a physical infection coming from your amplifier, you'd be very unlikely to feel it instantly. Usually when people start feeling sick, it's from an infection that they picked up a days before any symptoms are felt. But all of this is irrelevant because amps just don't make you sick.
I get sick when my tubes touch me in naughty ways...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Did you hit the brown note?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Sounds like you dialed in some sick tone. Try scooping the mids and pegging the treble, and throw a Boss Metalzone in front of the amp with the distortion dimed. See if symptoms subside after that.
Quote by CECamps
Sounds like you dialed in some sick tone. Try scooping the mids and pegging the treble, and throw a Boss Metalzone in front of the amp with the distortion dimed. See if symptoms subside after that.
The only reason why his symptoms would subside after that is that TS would be dead at that point
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
If you'd like, i have a solid state amp I'll trade you. Fpr purely scientific reasons, of course.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.