Hi everyone,

I recently recorded my own arrangement of the Game of Thrones' theme, and I would be glad if you guys could check it out and tell me what you think about it ! I know there's a loooot of Metal arrangement of this music, so I tried to keep it interesting (well, at least the 2nd part of the video)

Here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDxmWc1MDhM

Thanks in advance
These "metal" arrangements of songs (which aren't even metal) are probably the single worst thing to ever happen in the history of music.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by StephaneL44
Thanks in advance

Quote by theogonia777
These "metal" arrangements of songs (which aren't even metal) are probably the single worst thing to ever happen in the history of music.

lol
Quote by theogonia777

I don't necessarily agree that they are the worst, but what really bugs me about most of these is that the bass and drums are so bland, mostly because the drums are computer programmed.

But, I think this guy was just having some fun, and he at least got good tones from his guitars. And the playing was fine too, nothing special, but certainly not bad.

Nice work dude
theogonia777 These "metal" arrangements of songs (which aren't even metal) are probably the single worst thing to ever happen in the history of music.

Thanks for the constructive comment dude.

You have all rights to dislike it, I'm totally fine with that. But I think that when it comes to music, nothing's "bad" as long as :

-Some people enjoy it,
And
-The artist behind the song doesn't get a disproportional amount of money for his work

One can produce all the crap he wants, it's totally fine as long as he doesn't get paid a fortune don't you think ?
Quote by StephaneL44
nothing's "bad" as long as :

-Some people enjoy it,
-The artist behind the song doesn't get a disproportional amount of money for his work
-production's bad
FTFY.
And I didn't listen to the song but I'm guessing theagonia might have referred to the third point.

Also why is it bad if somebody receives a disproportional amount of money for his work?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by StephaneL44
Thanks for the constructive comment dude.

You have all rights to dislike it, I'm totally fine with that. But I think that when it comes to music, nothing's "bad" as long as :

-Some people enjoy it,
And

One can produce all the crap he wants, it's totally fine as long as he doesn't get paid a fortune don't you think ?

Um... what? The artist has no control over how much money they ultimately get for their work. How do you measure how disproportionate it is? Who decides that? You? Derek? 7 of 9? The public ultimately decides how much that artist will get, and if that person gets a lot of money, they've obviously done something right.
I may have not been clear enough ^^"
I meant if that's just a marketing act, like you know, hiring a kid and turning him into a business icon... But then yeah that's not entirely about the music... Allright screw it then I'll shut the **** up
Quote by Deliriumbassist
:
I don't even watch Starship Babylon

More like Starship Babe-ylon, amirite?
pretty cool bro

the GOT theme is great

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by theogonia777

Agreed.
don't worry TS the only thing people here are good at is hatin and complainin

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

i reserve my right to bitch and moan
Quote by Xiaoxi

These "Metal" arrangements of theme songs are lame as hell, and you fucking know it.
I see a kid who made a solid little production for himself and had fun. More than the majority of the pit can say. When they're not busy criticizing they're moaning about how shitty and depressing their uninspiring lives are.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
I see a kid who made a solid little production for himself and had fun.

Meh.

More than the majority of the pit can say. When they're not busy criticizing they're moaning about how shitty and depressing their uninspiring lives are.

My life is fucking great. Let the rest of them whine.
I really liked it! .. and I like the show too, can't wait for it to start again
This is clearly the best version of the theme/intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVfIFrpslI

It's also a lot better than the actual tv show
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Meh.

**** off sam. when was the last time you posted something creative you did on this website?
Quote by padgea7x
This is clearly the best version of the theme/intro

lame 90's version[/url]

It's also a lot better than the actual tv show

That brought back memories.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Sep 28, 2014,
Just to clarify, these covers are generally not for me, but I think you did a good job. I liked your sound better than that of most metal guitar covers you find on youtube.

Quote by Deliriumbassist

I don't even watch Starship Babylon: Voyager.

I've only watched Star Wars: The Next Generator, you know, with Kristen Stewart's dad.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
**** off sam. when was the last time you posted something creative you did on this website?

I love this kind of statement. The whole "where's your stuff?", as if the fact that I didn't post a video of my own means I can't find it annoying that this guy (and 100,000 other people) decided to make a "metal" cover of some song.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Meh.

My life is fucking great. Let the rest of them whine.

I'm legitimately surprised that you're kinda being a dick that a cover apparently wasn't good enough for you
good job. but what's with all these people not using their pinky when playing guitar lately.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
good job. but what's with all these people not using their pinky when playing guitar lately.
It's harder with the pinky.
Also sometimes unnecessary.

And come on we don't bitch because we're depressed and our lives suck, we bitch because lotsa stuff posted here is lame compared to the standard of what sounds good.

Now lemme listen to the thing so I can bitch with awareness of how the thing actually sounds.

Edit: ow I thought it would have been worse.

Problem with these "metal/rock arrangements" is that they aren't rock nor metal just 'cause they use electric guitars, though they aren't necessarily bad.

Most of the times they still are though.

The only complaint I could have about that video is the production quality - the lead usually doesn't stand out from the rest, most of the stuff sounds the same, most guitar sounds are the same, and everything sounds muddy, so solving that would result in a much better production.

Then, well, the whole idea is highly unoriginal, combining unoriginal stuff with other unoriginal stuff, but I guess you can't do much about that at this point.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Sep 29, 2014,
Sounded pretty good imo.

These things are overdone sure, but who really gives a ****?
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Sounded decent, good video production, well recorded and produced. Yeah it's a bit generic and overdone but don't give him hate because he clearly put a lot of hard work into this.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I love this kind of statement. The whole "where's your stuff?", as if the fact that I didn't post a video of my own means I can't find it annoying that this guy (and 100,000 other people) decided to make a "metal" cover of some song.

yeah so, post some stuff to back up your meh statement then so I can say it annoys me