Anyone know what the current routing like in a MIM strat?
'91 Epiphone by Gibson Sheraton JLH
Godin 5th Avenue
ESP/LTD BELLA LUGOSI DRACULA
--
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Hughes & Kettner 1x12 w/ Vintage 30's
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
MXR Super Badass Distortion>Boss CE-5>Boss OC-3> ???
Why don't you just google it?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Why don't you just google it?

All I can find is discussions on whether or not they have swimming pool routes and these are all on older models.
Godin 5th Avenue
--
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
I believe they're usually HSS or HSH.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The last one I saw was HSH but that was a 2013. You could send an email or call Fender customer support to verify.
Those diagrams don't answer the question at all.

If you ask what their current routing is on the MIM Standard strats that would clear it up for everyone.
Quote by Roc8995
Those diagrams don't answer the question at all.

If you ask what their current routing is on the MIM Standard strats that would clear it up for everyone.

LOL!

OK, I thought we were talking about electrical routing, not routing in the wood, but I'm with you now.

I can tell you for sure that even the American Deluxe Bodies are routed HSH, as are the American Standard Bodies. The only American Fender Strats that might be anything else would have to come from the Custom Shop, or maybe some signature model.

I'll ask about the MIMs, but I'll be surprised if it's anything other than HSH--I think it's been a long time since Fender has done swimming pool routes even in their Squier models, but we'll see.
Last edited by Black'n'Tan at Sep 28, 2014,
Looking at websites which sell parts like the Stratosphere and Fender's own website should give you plenty of information. The replacement Mexican bodies are all routed for three single coils. I would presume that most currently made Mexican Fenders that aren't humbucking models are routed that way. American made Fenders are a different story.
its about 50/50 from what i have seen. take the cover off and find out. i don't even remember what my strat is.

and plus routing is easy, just tape up the body everywhere and go at it. two minutes later, and you have whatever configuration you want

SC/widerange would be badass.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Benjirob
Looking at websites which sell parts like the Stratosphere and Fender's own website should give you plenty of information. The replacement Mexican bodies are all routed for three single coils. I would presume that most currently made Mexican Fenders that aren't humbucking models are routed that way. American made Fenders are a different story.

my 2011 US STD tele has a ton of routing, i could use anything in the middle and plenty of room if you were to want something active as far as 9V goes.

just have to look. i have owned over a dozen MIM strats and teles and made quite a bit of money on them. now i have three nice US teles and a suprinsingly nice 1995 MIM strat
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by JustRooster
The MIM Standard is HSH routed. /thread.

Darn. The Fender Corona Museum is across the parking lot from one of our offices, and I'm going to be in Corona on Tuesday. I was *looking* for an excuse to wander over there....
Quote by dspellman
Darn. The Fender Corona Museum is across the parking lot from one of our offices, and I'm going to be in Corona on Tuesday. I was *looking* for an excuse to wander over there....

I'm not sure what color the lacquer cans are for the vintage tint gloss for AVRI necks. Could you let me know?
Quote by boblittle
Anyone know what the current routing like in a MIM strat?

They are surely not going through with the extra hassle of making two different bodies for the SSS and the HSS-models, so HSS at least.

Even if a Strat should be SSS, Strat-size humbuckers are made in so many different models chances are very low that you won't find one for you.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
They are surely not going through with the extra hassle of making two different bodies for the SSS and the HSS-models, so HSS at least.

Even if a Strat should be SSS, Strat-size humbuckers are made in so many different models chances are very low that you won't find one for you.

A lot of the replacement Mexican made Stratocaster bodies I've found that can be bought new are just routed SSS, at least certainly in the UK. That's why I got an American Special body for my strat build, as that was routed HSS so I could throw a Bareknuckle in.

The current MIM Strat bodies appear to be SSS unless it is a specific model that comes with a humbucker. You can get plenty of things like the Deluxe Lonestar, the Deluxe Player, the Flame Top body etc. that are Mexican made and routed for a bridge humbucker.

It seems they have 'Vintage" bodies readily available i.e. SSS and the HSS seem to be the rest. At least, from all the trawling around I did several months back when looking at what parts to buy, that was what I found!

This website should help you find exactly what you want. I used them to buy a USA Special Body and Mexican Deluxe Lonestar neck. I really recommend them!

http://www.stratosphereparts.com/bodies/
Last edited by Benjirob at Sep 29, 2014,
I just got an email back from fender, and they say all Mexi Strats are routed SSS and the HSS is a SSS body but they just enlarge the bridge route.
Godin 5th Avenue
--
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
Quote by Benjirob

This website should help you find exactly what you want. I used them to buy a USA Special Body and Mexican Deluxe Lonestar neck. I really recommend them!

http://www.stratosphereparts.com/bodies/

are these like Bstock bodies or just replacements?
Godin 5th Avenue
--
Fender Mustang II
VOX AD30VT
--
Replacement bodies don't have to be the same as the factory in every regard. They come from the factory HSH.

MIM STANDARDS ARE ROUTED HSH

I hope that's clear enough.
Quote by boblittle
I just got an email back from fender, and they say all Mexi Strats are routed SSS and the HSS is a SSS body but they just enlarge the bridge route.

That's funny because one of the Fender guys at the factory today told me they're all HSH. SSS was not even part of the conversation. He called the "swimming pool routes" a "hog route" and said they stopped doing hog routes a long time ago due to perceptions that less wood in the body would harm tone. He's going to be way more familiar with the US specs, but a lot of the production is mixed between plants, so he's familiar with the stuff coming out of the Ensenada plant, too. Lots of the parts are made in Corona then shipped to Ensenada and combined with Mexican and other import parts, then assembled in Ensenada. But they also make parts in Mexico that end up in products completed at the Corona plant (most notably the old Highway 1 and the current American Specials, but other stuff is mixed, too, like some of the Artist models.) Also even their best guitars usually have Taiwanese or German tuning machines.

Certainly the replacement MIM bodies Fender's selling online are SSS, so who knows if they are current production or surplus from an old production method.

Edit: Here's the site: http://www.fender.com/store/strat-bodies/stratocaster-sss-alder-body-vintage-bridge-mount-candy-apple-red/

It would be more efficient for them to route them one way, and there are a number of MIM models that come in an HH config--like the Blacktop Series (although they might not all be MIM anymore). So the HSSs wouldn't be the only ones they'd have to do extra routing on. If they are still routing them SSS there, then they probably use American Special bodies for the MIM HSS and HH Strats--it doesn't make sense for them to make more cuts in the wood once the blank leaves the body cutter.

Only one way to know for sure--buy one and the route it if needed. It's easy--several months ago I routed a couple of compartments in the guitar I just picked up completed today. You can get templates and the right router bits from www.stewmac.com. Or you can just route it freehand if the pickguard is going to cover up your work anyway.

If you do buy one, let us know what you find under that guard.
Last edited by Black'n'Tan at Sep 30, 2014,
Quote by boblittle
are these like Bstock bodies or just replacements?

I don't know whether they're B stock parts, I'm under the impression they're not. What I bought off of them certainly has no evidential problems and they aren't listed as having any discernible defect. When I looked at buying parts someone told me they buy guitars and gut them selling off the parts. Whether that's true or not who knows...
I went to work this morning and pulled the pickguard off 2 MIM Standard Strats just to satisfy my suspicions raised by this thread. They were HSH.
Quote by JustRooster
I went to work this morning and pulled the pickguard off 2 MIM Standard Strats just to satisfy my suspicions raised by this thread. They were HSH.

Thanks. Now you're my hero in 2 ways.

So, two of them? Did one have SSS pups and the other HSS pups?

Take care.
could you check out a few MIA teles too while your at it, i want to see if they have routing for nashville configuration?

_______

oh and why do you have the need to have such and ego? and rudeness? that you have to treat people like shit and use huge font while doing so.

if so what is in a 2011 MIA STD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!