I love this train. Riding back and forth from work and home for a funeral, but the funeral's not a bummer and I'm riding in the world's biggest Airstream, stretched out on my window seat at the front of the car with extra leg room... In my $80 coach seat. Gas in my 1.8l Scirocco would be twice this, why would I pay more just to have to drive?

Seriously, look at that thing. I'm in the lap of luxury and riding coach and loving every second of it. Blasting across the prairie at speeds upwards of 75 miles per hour (Or are trains measured in knots? ), I'll be enjoying the scenery as soon as the sun rises, drinking my Gold Peak and listening to The National.

TL;DR: This train is ****ing cool and I'm having a better time than you
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Sep 29, 2014,
Damn! I'm jealous. I like trains, but trains around here are generally overcrowded and the scenery is not all that impressive.

EDIT: And in the civilised world, the speed of a train is measure in km/h
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Last edited by ultimate-slash at Sep 29, 2014,

˅ That can't be serious, can it?

It just occurred to me that my grandpa would've loved for me to be on a train to his funeral. He worked for the railroad until he retired after flying a ****ing B17 Flying Fortress in WWII.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Yeah, dude. I took a train across most of the country. That was super cool. Super dupes totes cool.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
my father is a train engineer and they call those train enthusiasts "rail fags" fwiw
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I'm not a train enthusiast, I just ****ing love this train.
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by ultimate-slash

˅ That can't be serious, can it?

I think I had that book

Trains are a great form of public transport.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Pastafarian96
I think I had that book

Trains are a great form of public transport.

I'm not sure a picture book was actually made. The picture is based on a fictional picture book about Blaine the Mono (in The Dark Tower books by Stephen King). The train from the picture book turns out to be a suicidal train who wants to kill the main characters.

Quote by Angus_Junior35
I'm not a train enthusiast, I just love ****ing this train.

That's not weird at all man.
this
Quote by The_Casinator
Trains are for nerds.

Yeah, well... You have a silly face!

EDIT: I did not mean that, I'm sorry.

Man, trains are so cool.
I've never ridden on one before because Oklahoma, but I really really want to.
Specifically a nice steam engine. Hell, I think I'd fly out to a bot of quaint English countryside to, because that sounds awesome.

Quote by ultimate-slash
I'm not sure a picture book was actually made. The picture is based on a fictional picture book about Blaine the Mono (in The Dark Tower books by Stephen King). The train from the picture book turns out to be a suicidal train who wants to kill the main characters.

Well ****, man. I've read a little bit of the first one and didn't like it so I decided not to read that series, but that sounds like some JoJo shit so I think I have to.
Quote by institutions
Man, trains are so cool.
I've never ridden on one before because Oklahoma, but I really really want to.
Specifically a nice steam engine. Hell, I think I'd fly out to a bot of quaint English countryside to, because that sounds awesome.

It's weird to imagine that there are people who have never ridden on a train before (at least in first world countries), because trains are so common here (and I think most of Europe).

Well ****, man. I've read a little bit of the first one and didn't like it so I decided not to read that series, but that sounds like some JoJo shit so I think I have to.

Yeah, the books have some really unexpected stuff happening, and it's impossible to guess what will happen next, which is what I really enjoyed about them. At times it may be hard to keep reading because there's so much that's going on*, but to me it was definitely worth reading everything.

*It's not necessarily much in terms of different story lines at the same time, it's more that the story line goes pretty much all over the place.

Quote by ultimate-slash
Yeah, well... You have a silly face!

EDIT: I did not mean that, I'm sorry.

Because of your politeness, I will take back my comment.

Trains are pieces of well-crafted modern machinery, and worthy of study and admiration.
That's such a boring/ugly looking train though. We need these in the states, wheels are so last millennium.

Last edited by Wormholes at Sep 29, 2014,
A bunch of Amish people just boarded. It's a good thing I'm at the front and can't watch them stare at me

I tried to sleep, but the excitement's keeping me up. I miss my dog.

I think the majority of young adults in the midwest have probably never ridden a train before. I never did until I moved four months ago and most of my friends haven't either. I also just saw a cow with a horse tail. Or maybe it was a really ugly horse? We also keep running over suicidal skunks that jump on the tracks. Or maybe the guy behind me just has some really good weed.

I'm tired
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Can Amish people use trains?

EDIT:
I don't mean 'can they physically use trains', but does their religion allow them to? I don't know much about Amish people.

Well technically diesel engines are purely mechanical after the glow plugs turn off/it reaches operating temperature, so I don't see why not? Just not the map lights, electrical outlets or bathrooms.

I also know nothing about the Amish.
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I like trains for long trips, took one from Bangkok to Phuket, overnight with a sleeper, me and some hot english girl I met fuked all night in the sleeper. good times for sure
Hehheh Bangkok
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Angus_Junior35
Well technically diesel engines are purely mechanical after the glow plugs turn off/it reaches operating temperature, so I don't see why not?

But what about the electric traction?
A lot of Amish people have cellphones, and cars for emergencies so I doubt a train is a big deal. Unless it's to not go visit other amish communities.
Yes, I've seen Amish people on trains. I believe the logic is that they are not the ones operating the train itself and therefore its coo'.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Tempoe
I like trains for long trips, took one from Bangkok to Phuket, overnight with a sleeper, me and some hot english girl I met fuked all night in the sleeper. good times for sure

~~taking the sex train from bangkok~~
i dont live anywhere near public transport trains.

luck bastard, i have to drive everywhere wasing money on gas.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I rode half way across Canada on a train with a sleeping cart with my son. Probably the best trip I've had. I had wanted to do another trip to the west coast of Canada but the cost is outrageous, which is why railways hurt so bad for passenger trains. Any chance I get to travel by train I do it, very calming. And tons to look at. Shitty buzz about the funeral.
Quote by ultimate-slash

Well...fuck
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last time I used a train I got diarrhea from a pretzel

We have a train but it doesn't go anywhere useful, just Fresno-Bakersfield, the two shittiest cities in the entire state of California
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
If you think trains are awesome then come to Australia and ride the Ghan. Holy shit, I've don't think I've ever enjoyed any kind of trip more than that.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
^Wow, read this on Wikipedia:

Quote by Wikipedia
On 6 June 2009, a nineteen-year-old American tourist clung to the outside of the Ghan for two hours and 200 km when, after returning to the train after a stop in Port Augusta, he found himself locked out with his passport and luggage inside the train. He was only rescued when technician Marty Wells heard his screams and stopped the train.

He really wanted to get on that train.

Quote by RylanThePotato
Last time I used a train I got diarrhea from a pretzel

We have a train but it doesn't go anywhere useful, just Fresno-Bakersfield, the two shittiest cities in the entire state of California

Have you ever been Roseville? It easily makes the cut
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
I take trains as well. I like being efficient, and when I drive I can't do half the shit or at least not comfortably. In train we get free internet, you can eat, you can shit, you can read and you can be on drugs. It's perfect

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??