I got an Epiphone Les Paul for my birthday last year, and recently have been looking at getting it set up professionally. I am going to ask for some baritone strings to be put on the guitar, and it to be set up in B Standard.

But I've heard from a few places that it's worthwhile replacing the bridge and tailpiece with either Gotoh or Tone Pro's. What difference will this make to the guitar? Is there anything inherently wrong with the bridge currently on the guitar? Also can anyone recommend an affordable but decent bridge that would be a good replacement (I'm from the UK)?

The Specs for my guitar can be found here
http://www.gak.co.uk/en/epiphone-limited-edition-les-paul-custom-pro-silverburst/61976

Cheers
Rob
There's nothing inherently wrong with Epiphone's bridges. If you can get the guitar to intonate on the stock bridge, there isn't much of a reason to change it.

Don't let people tell you what to buy. Make your own decisions.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
There's nothing inherently wrong with Epiphone's bridges. If you can get the guitar to intonate on the stock bridge, there isn't much of a reason to change it.

Don't let people tell you what to buy. Make your own decisions.

+3,1415

If there's nothing wrong with the stock bridge, there's no reason to waste money replacing it.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Are there no real benefits to replacing the bridge then?

I don't know if there are any issues with intonation, but I haven't noticed any issues at all whilst playing it over the last year or so. I just didn't know if, whilst I've got a professional tinkering with the setup I might as well pay the extra little bit and get him to replace the bridge.
Quote by robelliott0107
Are there no real benefits to replacing the bridge then?

I don't know if there are any issues with intonation, but I haven't noticed any issues at all whilst playing it over the last year or so. I just didn't know if, whilst I've got a professional tinkering with the setup I might as well pay the extra little bit and get him to replace the bridge.

It's your money, but if the guitar intonates just fine, then you're kinda throwing money away when you could use that money for some other benefit.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
There might be a benefit if you're one of those people that can hear the difference between a cream pickup ring and a black pickup ring. But if that's the case you haven't spent nearly enough on your guitar yet.