I've been doing a lot of acoustic gigs lately, and I found that my guitar has a pretty dry sound when plugged in directly. It has a lot of high and seems to miss a warm tone. I know it would be best to mic it, but unfortunately thats not always possible. Some people told me it would help a lot to use a DI box that has some kind of pre amp, so the tone is more balanced. I've seen a fender micro DI box and a behringer v-tone that both seem to improve the acoustic guitar tone.

What do you guys think? What are you experiences with playing on a semi-acoustic?
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
I haven't tried it but I think the Fender is probably a rebranded Mooer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by BvH001
I've been doing a lot of acoustic gigs lately, and I found that my guitar has a pretty dry sound when plugged in directly. It has a lot of high and seems to miss a warm tone. I know it would be best to mic it, but unfortunately thats not always possible. Some people told me it would help a lot to use a DI box that has some kind of pre amp, so the tone is more balanced. I've seen a fender micro DI box and a behringer v-tone that both seem to improve the acoustic guitar tone.

What do you guys think? What are you experiences with playing on a semi-acoustic?
Could you be a bit more specific when you say, "my guitar"? I don't see an acoustic listed in your equipment roster.

In any case, with an acoustic that has an onboard preamp/EQ, generally all you need to do is roll off the top end, and give the bass lever a bit of a shot.

The "dry sound", may not be altogether the fault of the guitar or the boards you've plugged into. Acoustic guitars benefit greatly from ambiance effects. Reverb, chorus, and delay, all do wonderful things for their live sound, either separately or in bunches. They make an acoustic sound nice and fat, without resorting to amplifier clipping or overdrive. Hell, you'd probably even have a bit of fun once in a while with a Phase 90.