I've never listened to these (because I usually never had time), but I think I'll try it out this week. You're the test case, severed; don't let me down! *cue dramatic theme*
I refuse to let down anything. Ironically, this one is fairly long (over an hour), so I hope your time isn't valuable.
Sangre Y Tierra - Surprisingly good. Simple and Raw, but in the really satisfying effective way.

Yoga - I can see what they're going for, but it's not quite winning me over I'm afriad.

Negative Plain - I thought I recognised this one (I'd got it open in another tab). I really liked this album, but it's one I don't play that often. But I kind of like that. Keeps it special like.

Urfaust - A name I'm told I should like but never took the time to try. They are playing in 6/8 which is always a good thing in my book. It's alright, but I'm finding it a little one dimensional. The melody is alright, but it doesn't really seem to go anywhere in terms of dynamics.

I shall have to finish this later.
I have not listened to this mix, but placing Yoga and Urfaust in "meh" territory does not compute.

Also, *Plane Mr. SS
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by AnnihiSlateR

Urfaust - A name I'm told I should like but never took the time to try. They are playing in 6/8 which is always a good thing in my book. It's alright, but I'm finding it a little one dimensional. The melody is alright, but it doesn't really seem to go anywhere in terms of dynamics.

Urfaust is definitely worth your time, as far as being one dimensional goes I'm not sure how much more dimension a 2 piece can get without adding synths or something. I'm glad they haven't taken that approach though I quite enjoy the simplicity of Urfaust. Some how they always manage to convey real meaning to me without making the music busy.
Oops.

Perhaps it's just not my thing. I can see the merit in both, but neither grabbed me.

Volahn - is this deliberate, or has something messed up? I'm getting a lo-fi recording of a nickelback song.

Dødsengel - Ah Dødsengel. I have very mixed feelings about this album. It's clearly great, yet I find it such a chore to listen to in full. Maybe that's intentional I don't know.
But I love dipping in and out of the odd song. I really like the fact that despite all the aesthetic, it's basically a rock song at it's core. Kind of reminds me of a stripped back Grey Waters.

Annoyingly I have to go out again, but I shall return.
Right...we're getting there

The Ruins Of Beverast - Another 'I know of but never tried'. I think their german-ness put me off, as I have an irrational dislike of German black metal generally speaking. Same for Swedish with a couple of exceptions. Don't know why. This is doomier than I was expecting. I don't know why but I was expecting something perhaps more layered and majestic, I think thats just the sound the name conjures for me. It's alright for what it is, but I feel in no rush to go out and hear more. It's kind of making me want to go and listen to Ghast instead.

Disembowelment - Another classic that I've kind of glossed over. I've tried dipping in and out, but nothing really seems to click with me. Though this does seem a promising start. I think I might actually be due for revisiting these chaps. There's definitely something here that I didn't pick up on before.
Thanks for the listen, I was thinking Sangre Y Tierra would be almost unanimously hated around here. But glad you liked them!

That Urfaust track might not be too indicative of Urfaust's music since it is only one track from the split they did with Joyless, but it definitely has elements of it. Long droning sections with wailing of the most depraved insane kind, I can't tell you much about composition. But Geist Ist Tuefel is definitely recommended due to the unique atmosphere it creates. It's really weird and out there stuff. Very minimalistic for the most part but can become utterly chaotic. Same with Yoga, very good atmosphere. Hard to describe though and I can't be doing a good job doing it, but taking the entire album in its entirety might get you the reaction some of us feel about it.

I didn't get that vibe with Volahn though! Living in Alberta, I get plenty of unfortunate exposure to Nickelback. Nickelback are not as hated as one might think, to say the least. I usually have a reason for adding it even if I don't fully remember why I added it, but it more-so just tried to follow the general atmosphere of the mix. I might be too biased concerning the BTC to not be able to recognize a shitty track when I hear one though haha.

Pertaining to Ruins of Beverast, I think this is where we disagree the most. But I see where you're coming from and perhaps I've picked songs that may do better as a set within the album over the song as a stand alone. I do recommend the entirety of the album par usual. I can't say I'd pick Ghast over them though, as they're not really of the same ilk. Being doom like black metal is a mere portion of the grandiose that Foul Semen of a Sheltered Elite encompasses within its entirety. I don't think Ghast compare but that's just me. I like May the Curse Bind quite a bit too.
I'm not sure if you're joking or not. It was literally a Nickleback song that played. Just one that sounded like it was recorded from the radio. Could be 8tracks messing up, but then at the same time I wondered if it was perhaps a 'joke'.
Quote by severed-metal
I refuse to let down anything. Ironically, this one is fairly long (over an hour), so I hope your time isn't valuable.

I can listen at work. I don't need my ears to program in C#.

Edit:
Sangre Y Tierra -- I don't usually go for stuff this raw, but this was surprisingly good.

Yoga -- Doesn't do much for me. As AnnihiSlateR said, I see what they're doing. Just me, personally, I don't like it.

Negative Plain -- This was excellent. Well executed and dark. Black Metal as it's meant to be.

Urfast -- Really good stuff.

Nickelback -- LOL
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Oct 1, 2014,
Are you guys seriously hearing Nickelback?

EDIT: Oh my god it's actually Nickelback. Good god why is it Nickelback.
Last edited by severed-metal at Oct 2, 2014,
I love you Severed, and I love VG for introducing Yoga to this board. You know everything that tickles me in the right spot.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.