A while ago I went to a Music store and I found a guitar with the brand name freedom. I played it with an MIM strat and it sounded ok. I liked the feel too. It played ok too (granted not as good as the MIM Strat but It was ok) It's a standard strat copy. 3 single coils, strat body(full thickness!) 5-way switch (a little stiff) 1 volume 2 tone knobs.

My question is: Would this do ok as a first electric guitar for someone (like me) who plays acoustic at an intermediate level? Would it make a good modding platform?

Also, What is the body made of? It's probably basswood I think. I'm not sure.
I've heard that Freedom guitars are complete, utter crap. In any way, I'd recommend a Yamaha Pacifica or a Squier Affinity for a cheaper strat copy, both are good quality for the price.
Quote by guitar/bass95
I've heard that Freedom guitars are complete, utter crap. In any way, I'd recommend a Yamaha Pacifica or a Squier Affinity for a cheaper strat copy, both are good quality for the price.

TK, the Yamaha Pacifica is just one of those guitars you never hear anybody say bad about them.
Some see the glass half full, others see the glass half empty. Me? I see that the glass is refillable.
Yeah. I like yamaha pacificas. They are supposed to be AMAZING. But I live in South America and I haven't seen a 112J or 112V here As I stated in my previous message, I am an intermediate acoustic player. I would like to have an electric guitar that will last a long time and is as close to a strat as possible. I don't want to get a beginner guitar with a thin body made of agathis or some other cheap wood (bleh). But If the freedom turns out to be utter shite then the Yamaha pacifica is next on the list. When I tried the Freedom in a music store here, it sounded very good. It had that crisp strat tone. An it sounded remarkably similar to the MIM strat which I can't afford So I was just wondering...

WHAT'S THE FREEDOM'S BODY MADE OF???Has anyone here actually bought or played a Freedom?!?!

I found their website and it says alder .... I have my doubts though because of the uber low price ($120.)

what do u guys think?

P.S I'd prefer answers from people who have actually played/owned a freedom guitar before.
Last edited by wgac498 at Sep 30, 2014,
There is little information on these guitars. What reviews I could find were very one sided(ie. shitty). I would stay away from these just based on that.

The advice given to you about other beginner guitars has been solid....................but its your cash do what you will.