Hello all,

Been a while since I have been on here.

I am looking to find the value on two axes I have decided to part with. Looking to upgrade my gear, and these two are on the selling block.

I have a gently used Jackson DK2T hardtail in Crimson Swirl, with an upgraded Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge. What would the value on that one be? I have a hard case for it as well

I also have an older Schecter C1 Classic in one of the burst finishes. Schecter hard case as well.

Where can I find what they should sell for? And where would be the best place to sell? Here? I have had a 2 bad experiences selling on Ebay, so that is a no go.

Thanks

A.J.
More gear laying around then I know what to do with, and still buying crap.
Last edited by bigajvigs at Sep 29, 2014,
I've found, at least in my area (toronto), that Chinese/Indonesian guitars run anywhere from $100 to $300, Korean/Mexican guitars go from $300 to $500ish, Japanese guitars are in the $500 to $1000 range, and American made guitars are your top end that start at $600 or $700 and can go up into the thousands of dollars range.

Having seen your two guitars quite a bit in the used market, the Schecter will sell for about $475-$550 (you should ask for $550) and the Jackson will sell for roughly the same though don't be surprised to see offers lower than $450 or so. Also, since you're in the states and im in canada, i could reasonably expect a 10% or so variance in prices compared to what i see here.

Also, Craigslist. Easier to sell locally.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Used value differs widely depending on where you are.

Upgrades almost always decrease the value as you can never tell how good of a job has been done with the upgrade and so on, so if you can, revert the guitar to original and sell the pickup separately. If the guitar didn't come originally with a hardcase I would separate them in the ad.

These are the starting points I can give you. I don't know how "hot" those guitars are on the used market.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Check ebay, craigslist, etc for similar guitars as yours for sale. What's the condition, etc. I found that USUALLY guitars will sell from 50-65% of their original purchase price. But I have seen them go for less/more too.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
ALWAYS Ask for more than you really want. Especially if you're selling on a craigslist type site. People will almost always come at you with a lower offer. Never start where you want to end up. By the same logic: always be ready to accept a lower price and keep that price in your head.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
ALWAYS Ask for more than you really want. Especially if you're selling on a craigslist type site. People will almost always come at you with a lower offer. Never start where you want to end up. By the same logic: always be ready to accept a lower price and keep that price in your head.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. That's the best way to not get ripped off. If you're selling something for 300, ask like 400, and they'll say, "I can do [amount higher than 300]".