Could you do everyone a huge favor and next time you record a video like this turn your guitar up louder than the music. Its great to have a good blend, but when your guitar is the same volume as the record it makes giving any comment besides "it sounds like the song playing though" pretty hard to justify. Obviously there are parts where they are distinguishable but over all its quite difficult and it seems like you did a great job but it would much easier to say how good it sounds if we could hear you loud and clear over everything else.
Quote by rockgodman
Could you do everyone a huge favor and next time you record a video like this turn your guitar up louder than the music. Its great to have a good blend, but when your guitar is the same volume as the record it makes giving any comment besides "it sounds like the song playing though" pretty hard to justify. Obviously there are parts where they are distinguishable but over all its quite difficult and it seems like you did a great job but it would much easier to say how good it sounds if we could hear you loud and clear over everything else.

Pretty sure the guitar is louder than the music, if you can't tell the difference that is to blame on your ear, not my mixing.
Sounds great as always man, the tone is cool too! Did you match it using izotope?

P.s. I can hear him pretty loud... if you go at 2:49-2:50 you'll hear the clear difference between him, who continue the vibrato, and Petrucci, who stopped the vibrato before!
I think you confused him and Petrucci 'cause the tone is very similar!
Last edited by Ludo950 at Sep 30, 2014,
Thanks. I only used Ozone as a limiter for this cover. I just used a built-in plugin in REAPER to do some individual EQing on the different guitar sections but the rest is all Guitar Rig 5.
Last edited by Tharantyr at Sep 30, 2014,