Hi everyone,

I have recently bought a second hand Jem70V, which plays great! The only thing is that the edge bridge won't let me pull up on the whammy bar very far before it touches the body. It seems the bridge itself touches the body, not the nuts at the far end. It doesn't come close to pulling as far as my floyd rose. I have just had the action set up by a guitar tech, and the bridge is parallel to the body.

I am wanting to play songs like Tender Surrender and For the Love of God, which requires you to pull up on the whammy bar a lot.

Is this a problem with the setup of the bridge, or the bridge itself? Looking at the Ibanez website, it seems to have the same bridge as the Jem7 (the one Steve Vai actually uses), so I am a little confused?

Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Chris
do you have any pics?

assuming you don't have a crazy low action it might need a neck shim
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hi Dave,

thanks for your response. I have since been in to talk to the guitar tech again, apparently he leveled the "bridge" not the knife edge (that little strip in the bridge). The knife edge was slanted higher toward the neck lower toward the bottom of the guitar, so now if he levels that, the bridge should have more room to pull up on the bar =)

Thanks,

Chris
Ah yeah that's a good point, i forgot about that. The edge-type trems level slightly differently, as you said.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/angle.htm#ED

that might well sort it, good luck
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet, glad to hear it's sorted
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?