Tried one in guitar center today and absolutely loved it, but I'm a student and would rather not spend 160 bucks on one.

Any clones out there?

Thanks
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
dude....i mean things change but looking at your sig you got 2 carvins, a prs SE, 6505, carvin v3m, etc etc?

you got a could Gs of gear easy and your stressing about 160 bones? not only that...are you looking to run a budget pedal tone through all that cherry gear? why not just give your carvin to a homeless guy?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
If there is one, it'll probably end up in the 100-120ish range and have no resell value. At that point might as well buy the real thing.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ikey_
dude....i mean things change but looking at your sig you got 2 carvins, a prs SE, 6505, carvin v3m, etc etc?

you got a could Gs of gear easy and your stressing about 160 bones? not only that...are you looking to run a budget pedal tone through all that cherry gear? why not just give your carvin to a homeless guy?

Difference is right now I'm in school. And not working. So money goes out but doesn't come in and I can't work because I'm in a different country.

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Caline does a cheapo clone i think, but i have no idea what it's like (I haven't tried it). You can normally pick it up for about £20 on Ebay I think.

http://calinemusic.com/article/?21.htm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xcaline+orange+burst&_nkw=caline+orange+burst&_sacat=619 (best prices are direct from china... up to you, it's more risk that way)

Quote by ikey_

aw come on, if you have to cheap out, pedals are the place to do it. Most of my pedals are cheap and I only have one boutique pedal (and it's faulty, not a coincidence I don't think).

if he was running his carvin through a starter pack practice amp i might agree with you (though again it's his money and his choice). But with pedals? Nah, not the same. In my opinion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 30, 2014,
Will look into the Caline thanks

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
As I said, I haven't tried it- it might be terrible. But if you can get it cheap enough it might be worth a punt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?