hey guys.. quick question. im looking to get a new guitar. ive narrowed it down to either the epiphone les paul custom or a prs tremonti se(with birds of course). they are about the same price new and used. the epi les paul being $549.00 new at least $299.99 used, and the prs tremonti se being $522.00 new and $299.99 used. i have played both and love both for my playing style. i play in a band that is a mixture of coheed and cambria and tsunami bomb and i play 80% lead. i currently use a pod hd 500 going through a 100 watt power amp.
like i said before i like the sound of both.. and im not sure which one to get. i love the look of the les paul custom(ebony with the gold hardware) but i love how prs' sound. i currently own a prs paul allender se with emg's and a epi les paul studio thats white. so theres where i leave it up to anyone who wants to help. what do you prefer?
Pick the one you like playing the best. They are pretty equal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The Tremonti is a nicer guitar.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'd get the Les Paul because I'm more of a Les Paul guy than PRS. They're similar guitars in terms of specifications. But make sure you get to try out the Epiphone before buying it at least.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Tremonti all the way. Better sounding, easier playing, and much much better build quality.
Gear:
My Voice
PRS Tremonti II
PRS Hollowbody II w/ Piezo Blue Matteo
PRS 513 25th anniversary
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender John Mayer Relic strat "the black one"

did i mention i like PRS?

20th Anniversary Bogner Shiva
Both of my guitars are cousins of those. I've got an Epi LP standard and I've got a PRS SE Paul Allender (which is basically just a cu24 that has EMGs.)

The PRS feels and plays mucho mucho better to me. In my experience the PRS SE is a safer bet.
the necks are totally different....

I never liked the wide PRS SE necks....
personally, i think SEs are nicer than most epihpones. but they are wildly different styles of guitar so thats big too
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)