Ask him to do an online search via the serial number (which should be on the neck plate or on a sticker in the back of the headstock).

If by "The guy said there isn't a model number behind the headstock." he meant that it doesn't have a serial number, I'd stay away from that guitar.
Also, I thought that the SA bodies with binding also had dot inlays, while the blank fretboards came with the bodies without binding.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Ask him to do an online search via the serial number (which should be on the neck plate or on a sticker in the back of the headstock).

If by "The guy said there isn't a model number behind the headstock." he meant that it doesn't have a serial number, I'd stay away from that guitar.
Also, I thought that the SA bodies with binding also had dot inlays, while the blank fretboards came with the bodies without binding.

He gave me the serial number, i ran it through the Guitar Dater Project site. Didn't really give me anything.
Schecter C-1+
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Seymour Duncan Invader
EHX Metal Muff
Blackstar ID Core 20
Quote by FingerFud
He gave me the serial number, i ran it through the Guitar Dater Project site. Didn't really give me anything.

Read this so that you can make sense of the serial number, then look on the catalog of the corresponding year.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=397&now=21

sa160 maybe?

just going by the fact it doesn't seem to have the true duo bridge humbucker. i can't really tell from the catalogue pic if it has the abalone body binding, but other than that everything else seems to match up.

i could well be wrong, though, i'm not that well up on the SAs.

EDIT: ok so scratch that. the one you posted has no inlays, and the pickups may well have been swapped in it to duncans. So i'm not sure. Ibanez has all the old catalogues on its website, so that'd be the first port of call. if you can get the serial number or even when the guy roughly bought it, that'd let you narrow down the catalogues you need to search.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 30, 2014,
Quote by Dave_Mc
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=397&now=21

sa160 maybe?

just going by the fact it doesn't seem to have the true duo bridge humbucker. i can't really tell from the catalogue pic if it has the abalone body binding, but other than that everything else seems to match up.

i could well be wrong, though, i'm not that well up on the SAs.

EDIT: ok so scratch that. the one you posted has no inlays, and the pickups may well have been swapped in it to duncans. So i'm not sure. Ibanez has all the old catalogues on its website, so that'd be the first port of call. if you can get the serial number or even when the guy roughly bought it, that'd let you narrow down the catalogues you need to search.

Yeah it's a 2002 model. The pickups are Duncan Designed ones.
Schecter C-1+
PRS SE Custom 24
EHX Metal Muff
Blackstar ID Core 20
Ok, well i'm clueless. Checked both EU and USA catalogs and nothing, I'm certain it's a 2002 model. Here's the serial: W620555
Schecter C-1+
PRS SE Custom 24
EHX Metal Muff
Blackstar ID Core 20
Ah i didn't go back that far in the catalogues. I'm guessing from what you said you already checked 2002, though.

I'm not sure how the serials work on the non-MIJ ones. I'm guessing if you knew you could work out the date from that, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its an SA of some sort but its not a good one.

But a decent deal for 150.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Nice for 150 is say.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's