Page 1 of 2
How much do you think it matters in life? Is it incidental to your outcome or the driving force behind it? Do you think you could or should change your attitude or general outlook in life? Discuss.
It's absolutely crucial.

I always want to change my outlook on life.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Attitude is critical and it absolutely brings real, tangible results little by little. People with a shitty attitude don't get anywhere. I literally don't know any successful person with a bad attitude.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
my attitude is shit but there's no incentive to try to change it
I'd say attitude isn't a very important part of my life
It matters a lot.
It's the difference between doing a good work and ****ing up stuff.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Attitude is huge and my thing is I need to learn to let go of things I cannot control.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
you aint seen attitude yet #feisty

Quote by Weaponized
latitude is what really matters

Get a load of this guy.
Obviously longitude is what's really important.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Attitude is huge and my thing is I need to learn to let go of things I cannot control.

This is exactly dead on and I thought this to myself today. Being positive about things is going to get you a lot further than sitting and dwelling on the negative things in your life that are beyond your control. Change the one thing that you CAN control and that is your attitude and I guarantee you will eventually start feeling better about your life in general.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by RCA1186
Change the one thing that you CAN control and that is your attitude and I guarantee you will eventually start feeling better about your life in general.

lol nah thats pretty naive tbh but w/e it worked for you so congrats

#sadboys2014 #$$$$

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Sep 30, 2014,
I'm not religious, but this thread reminds me of a quote I like.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Quote by MinterMan22

#sadboys2014 #$$$$

Hey maybe you should start thinking it's not naive and maybe it will work for you. Self-pity is a waste of time if that's your default.

I think attitude is very important and I try to work on it whenever I go through a rough time. It's very effective but surrounding yourself with other people who want to succeed and progress in their personal lives goes a long ways.
Quote by MinterMan22

#sadboys2014 #$$$$

Whoah easy there Mr. Negative Attitude
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Yeah because if you're an uptight, easily pissed off little bitch you will attract a lot of ire in your life.

But if you're laid back and chilled out but positive people will like you more.

But not too laid back.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by ErikLensherr

almost nothing in life is really in your control. accepting that can be as demoralizing as it is freeing but its something you'll eventually have to accept. there's no getting away from it. eventually you or someone you know will die, get cancer, or something along those lines even though they did nothing to deserve it. that's just how it goes.

attitude is important but it is also to important to understand that sometimes it is natural to have an attitude that isn't super chill and optimistic. people who are like that 24/7 are not healthy. i think i do a bad job of that myself as i try 2 be stoic and optimistic even when i feel like shit & it is bad for my general mental health/outlook even though it is a comfort to others & in a sense myself.

like when i was in the midst of the grieving process & the cancer having process i was always putting on a brave face for everyone else & trying to act as if i had shit under control and that i wasn't feeling anything negative i/we couldn't deal with. it was exhausting & led to some negative thought processes that ultimately did more harm than good.
"He who believes he can and he who believes he cannot are both correct."

- Henry Ford

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by seanlang01
Hey maybe you should start thinking it's not naive and maybe it will work for you. Self-pity is a waste of time if that's your default.

I think attitude is very important and I try to work on it whenever I go through a rough time. It's very effective but surrounding yourself with other people who want to succeed and progress in their personal lives goes a long ways.

i'm not speaking for myself though

i'm not gonna deny that changing your perspective can be effective here (that's pretty much the whole premise behind cognitive behavioural therapies) but what i am saying is that it's almost never as simple as telling someone "think happy thoughts if you wanna be happy"

mental health is a tricky thing and there's too many people on the right side of it who either don't take it seriously enough or offer up their advice with a side of condescension. i'm not pointing a finger at you here btw, just making a general statement.

without sounding too brainwashed i think there really is something in this believe and achieve spiel
Quote by So-Cal
without sounding too brainwashed i think there really is something in this believe and achieve spiel

that depends. saying that as if it is some sort of brilliant piece of advice to someone who is clinically depressed, somebody who has overwhelming anxiety, someone with ptsd, etc etc does absolutely nothing outside of demeaning their mental health problems.
Mother always said, "You'll get further in life by being polite and courteous than you ever will by being an ass."

Ok, so she never told me that. I just found it to be so very true.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
that depends. saying that as if it is some sort of brilliant piece of advice to someone who is clinically depressed, somebody who has overwhelming anxiety, someone with ptsd, etc etc does absolutely nothing outside of demeaning their mental health problems.

This is true, but aside from this situation, people who act more positive/confident have an easier time finding jobs and getting ladies to take their panties off.
my attitude's gr8

Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Without attitude people will walk all over you
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
attitude is pretty important. especially at work and especially if you work in a retail environment or if you have ANY interaction with customers.

to be honest, i'm a very negative, unhappy person overall. not really an angry person, but kind of like Dolorous Edd from GoT. just very morose. i think i told some of the people i worked with to kill me on several occasions.

but, when i have to i put on a happy mask.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I have a very shitty attitude in general.

But it's mostly masked and I can feign incredible confidence.

The only friends I have are those I've deceived
ayy lmao
Quote by MinterMan22

mental health is a tricky thing and there's too many people on the right side of it who either don't take it seriously enough or offer up their advice with a side of condescension. i'm not pointing a finger at you here btw, just making a general statement.
Of course, that's always something to consider if someone is having a difficult time. Positive people reassuring someone that they can get better goes a long way too, in the same line of thinking as cognitive therapy and that can affect whether someone eventually is motivated enough to get help.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
like when i was in the midst of the grieving process & the cancer having process i was always putting on a brave face for everyone else & trying to act as if i had shit under control and that i wasn't feeling anything negative i/we couldn't deal with. it was exhausting & led to some negative thought processes that ultimately did more harm than good.
That's a fair point as well. But, I wouldn't suggest, or even consider maintaining a good attitude as simply not dealing with or ever feeling negative.
durr
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
durr

dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by MinterMan22
you aint seen attitude yet #feisty

You may be feisty but im #edgy and also a bit #cheeky
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by seanlang01
Positive people reassuring someone that they can get better goes a long way too

lol no its the exact opposite
Quote by GuitarGod_92

Negative people reassuring someone they can get a lot worse?
Quote by seanlang01
How much do you think it matters in life? Is it incidental to your outcome or the driving force behind it? Do you think you could or should change your attitude or general outlook in life? Discuss.

Attitude is equal to penis size times frequency of pussy, plus perception of talent minus money/disposable income. Changin your attitude is difficult but it greatly affects your life and the way people see you.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Hmm, well I guess that's your take then. Everybody has their own experience, but it's only your own.
Page 1 of 2