Honestly I just want to know if the Nova System will give me better tone when running direct than my Digitech RP355. One of these days I'd die for a Vox AC15, I just don't have money for it yet. I was for sure thinking that the Nova System at least wouldn't butcher that amp like my RP355 might.

Since the Nova isn't made 100% for modeling, does it still preform well through Direct w/ Speaker simulation? I really would love the analog distortion.

Friend is offering me one for ~$230
Guitars: ESP LTD H-1001FM ACSB, Epiphone SG Special
Acoustics: Fender Hellcat, Mitchell 12-string
Amps: Roland Microcube, Peavey Vypyr 15W
Effects: Digitech RP355
I'd just keep saving if I were in your shoes. You're only $100-$200 away from a used AC15.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
But I cant use an AC15 the way I'd like without the Nova System or $500 in pedals

I also would rather have an option for simplistic use if need be. I'm in college and may never get the AC15 but Its just something ive always wanted
Last edited by Newah at Sep 30, 2014,
If you're a guitarist, I'm sure you'll find ways to use it and its not much more expensive than the SPARE mfx you wanna buy. Even if the Nova is worlds above the rp, there's really not that big of a difference if you can't crank the volume enough to hear the quality difference. And if you can crank the volume, what good is 2 mfx and no amp? Just sayin'. And the AC15 is one of those amps you can get for $350 used, use it for however long but take care of it, then sell for $350 very easily.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Yeah. I guess what I mean is Im heavy on effects and pedal switches when I play live, so I'd need at least 3 pedals or more.

Maybe ill continue saving and buy a couple pedals alongside an AC15... at least an OCD, and Reverb. Delay, Volume pedal eventually.. and there are those big $$$ again lol

I'm so impatient and don't want to spend money but having Tap Delay (something the RP355 doesn't have) would be awesome with the Nova System, I'm just not confident in how the Nova System does with speaker simulation.

What's the cheapest tap delay pedal there is lol?