So I have this 50 watt Crate tube amp (and I know it's my fault for getting a crate, ha ha), which has been giving me problems for a little while, and one very big problem recently. The other day, while playing at a fairly reasonable volume with little distortion, the amp just shut off. No fade to indicate a bad tube, no popping, just me playing then complete clean cut silence. I took the following actions: I replaces the fuses with 3 2 amp 250 volt fuses and then replaced the power tubes with a matched pair of brand new tubes. I tried to test the capacitors to see if they were receiving current, but the meter blew a fuse, I think. Again, there is NO pilot light, NO sound, and NO conceivable signs that power is actually reaching the amp. The only other thing I can think to mention is that there is a soft clicking coming from the left side of the circuit board. Any help would be much appreciated.
Could be the power switch itself. Could that clicking be coming from the switch - ie arcing?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Weird for sure.

Follow Cath's advice - sounds like he is onto something. I'd probably just get it to a tech and explain what you've done so far. Is it a consistent click when the power switch is 'on' or what?

Anyway - I just came here to post this. I don't consider them cheaply made. Try doing this to a Bugera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-z_qNNcVz8
Somebody please try that with a Bugera. Don't forget to film it so we can all have a laugh.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I thought it might've been the switch- but would it have caused the amp to fail entirely? Though that would make a lot of sense, and it is a cheap fix.
Yes, a faulty switch would cause a total failure.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Update: plugged standby switch (same exact switch, same rating, same everything) into power switch plugs, got the faint clicking again, no sound. Any other ideas?