Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Almost always, yes.

I can't think of any pedals that switch out the battery with the on/off stomp.
I THINK (and someone may be able to correct me if I'm wrong) that if you have a true bypass pedal that has a battery inserted, and is ALSO plugged into power, off means off, and your battery won't drain.

I think my OCD does that at least.

But that information is probably not very useful anyway, because if you were plugged into power, you wouldn't care about your battery life.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
I THINK (and someone may be able to correct me if I'm wrong) that if you have a true bypass pedal that has a battery inserted, and is ALSO plugged into power, off means off, and your battery won't drain.

that's correct. the act of inserting a power jack breaks the connection with the battery.

Quote by Roc8995
Almost always, yes.

I can't think of any pedals that switch out the battery with the on/off stomp.

there's only one pedal i know. turbo tuner.
That's funny, I've had a turbo tuner on my board for years and never knew that. Good to know!
Quote by NakedInTheRain
that's correct. the act of inserting a power jack breaks the connection with the battery.

there's only one pedal i know. turbo tuner.

interesting, I did not know that. the jack breaks the connection to the battery, so if it is on the board I may as well have a battery in it. And nothing would go bad. What if there is no power going through that connection at that time, do burn batteries get eliminated?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

(...)

But that information is probably not very useful anyway, because if you were plugged into power, you wouldn't care about your battery life.

On the contrary. That information becomes very useful once you realize you can just put in a 9v dummy plug to take the battery out of the circuit.

It's easy to test, too. Just switch the pedal on in battery mode, so that the LED is on. If the LED goes out once you put in the dummy plug, all should be well.
Quote by godzillarissa
On the contrary. That information becomes very useful once you realize you can just put in a 9v dummy plug to take the battery out of the circuit.

It's easy to test, too. Just switch the pedal on in battery mode, so that the LED is on. If the LED goes out once you put in the dummy plug, all should be well.

I like that, easier than my plan to install a battery switch.

FWIW, the reason this came up is that I've just discovered that my Sansamp British makes a terrific headphone amp, and it will be more useful with a battery than with a wall wart.

I agree. But I'd be afraid of a battery leaking after a while.
Yes, make sure you turn it off and unplug all cables from the stomp when you are not using it. I gave up on using batteries in my Boss TU-3 and now use the power cord.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
interesting, I did not know that. the jack breaks the connection to the battery, so if it is on the board I may as well have a battery in it. And nothing would go bad. What if there is no power going through that connection at that time, do burn batteries get eliminated?

If there's a plug in the jack, it disconnects the battery. Doesn't have to be powered. Makes for a nice easy backup in case your power supply goes out or a power cable shorts.
Quote by Roc8995
If there's a plug in the jack, it disconnects the battery. Doesn't have to be powered. Makes for a nice easy backup in case your power supply goes out or a power cable shorts.

that was what i was looking for in black and white if you know what i mean. i do realize that it wouldn't necessarily have to be on.

sweet.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/