Hi there! 3 months ago I posted a request for advice on choosing pickups suitable for my style on "the "Which pups?" thread" but no one answered. I live in Argentina and buying gear here is too expensive. This weekend I have the chance to order pickups in the US because I know someone who is traveling there next week and he can bring them over to me.
I could really use some advice on what pups could suit my needs so i'm creating this thread:

My guitar is an Epiphone SG-310, the body and neck are mahogany wood and it has the original pickups. I tune it in C (all strings are two whole steps lower) and use it primarily for playing metal. Here are some of the bands that I would like to to be able to sound like or get near of soundwise:
Russian Circles, Mastodon, Gojira, Agalloch, Opeth, The Sword, High On Fire.
My ideal would be to be able to play more agressive/faster stuff, doomy/stoner stuff, but to be also able to have a decent clean sound (in the style of Agalloch, Opeth) without losing the possibility of having a soft/hard rock jam with friends. I don't know if i'm asking too much lol.

I thought of maybe getting a more agressive pickup for the bridge and one with a nice clean tone on the neck. Because I tune so low I would like my neck pickup not to be too dark/bassy/opaque. I play in a 3 piece band where I rarely use the neck pup because theres too much "lowness" mixed with the bass player's sound.
One of the things I don't like about my actual pups it's that they lack attack and when I use distortion they tend to lack clarity in the sound. That's maybe the most important thing I want to change form my pups, the clarity of the sound when they get distorted.

For what i've been researching I was thinking in these pickups:
Black winter seymour duncan (bridge)
Emg 81 (neck)
Other options I liked where the Dimarzio D Activator or the Emg 85
I know the two EMG's are active and require a 9v battery wich I'm not really a fan of, if theres a better option in passive pups it would be better.

I'm a noob in the pickup world so if you could give me some advise it would be awesome.

thnx in advance and sry for the long thread but I though the description would help you help me
thanks again!
Lace Dissonant Aggressors. Literally the sig pickup of Bill from Mastodon. Clean up really well but have a nice growly midrange. Love my set.

Also just noticed your ideas. You can't blend passive (non-battery) and active (battery powered) pickups.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Last edited by TheStig1214 at Sep 30, 2014,
I heard a coulpe of demos of the Dissonant Aggressors and really liked the sound of them. And I didn't know that you can't blend passive and active. Thank you for the feedback!
you can run active and passive pickups in the same guitar...but it is a very complicated wiring job if you want to run them at the same time. Here is a good article about it

http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/the-tone-garage/active-and-passive-in-the-same-guitar-can-it-be-done/

look into a dimarzio humbucker from hell for a nice clean neck pick up...no chance of mud or being to dark