There are 10 chords in (2) 5 chord progressions on this song. I was wonderding if some one could help me figure out what the cords are?

The first chord sounds like a Dm and I'm thinking its in the key of Dm... but I dont know. I think I'm hearing a Gm and an A# in there... not sure.

http://youtu.be/qGXQ5b_dD08
I'm not sure if your link is right, but this just goes between Dm and C, in the key of D minor.
Melody is:
F G A G F D G
F G A G C B C B A
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Quote by Elden G20
I'm not sure if your link is right, but this just goes between Dm and C, in the key of D minor.
Melody is:
F G A G F D G
F G A G C B C B A

Thanks for replying. What do you mean it goes between Dm and C in the key of Dm? G, A and B arnt in that key, so what key is the melody in?
The song, Outlander, that you posted has the chords D minor and C major in the rhythm.
Dminor contains the notes D E F G A Bb C
The melody seems to be have used D Dorian: D E F G A B C
Quote by dmtransmutation
What the Grunge-haters think is just mindless musical nonsense, in reality is the restoration of the old rule of harmony to not write an entire song in one tonality/key
Last edited by Elden G20 at Oct 1, 2014,
Quote by Elden G20
The song, Outlander, that you posted has the chords D minor and C major in the rhythm.
Dminor contains the notes D E F G A Bb C
The melody seems to be have used D Dorian: D E F G A B C

If I'm playing this arrangement with a guitar... what chords would I play? I'm sure I would be using some minor chords right? Which chords in the rhythm and melody would be minor chords?
You're playing the chords D minor and C major, if you don't know the shapes on the guitar just google them.
Are you talking about some kind of chord/melody classical fingerstyle sound? You want to play that flute melody as well as the chords?
If thats the case, I've already given you the flute melody notes, and you know what chords are playing in the rhythm now. It would be good practise to figure it out for yourself from here.
Quote by dmtransmutation
Last edited by Elden G20 at Oct 2, 2014,
Quote by Elden G20
You're playing the chords D minor and C major, if you don't know the shapes on the guitar just google them.
Are you talking about some kind of chord/melody classical fingerstyle sound? You want to play that flute melody as well as the chords?
If thats the case, I've already given you the flute melody notes, and you know what chords are playing in the rhythm now. It would be good practise to figure it out for yourself from here.

What I was trying to say is when playing with a guitar, that first note does not sound like a D. It is definitely a Dminor. But that G, definitely doesnt sound like a G when playing with the first grouping on a guitar. It sounds more like a Gminor... so what I'm saying is there is no G in the key of Dminor so I'm trying to figure out the exact chords to play on a guitar for all these notes. Playing it as is doesnt match up. This is all so confusing since the song appears to be written accross multiple keys. This is too advanced for my understanding at present and could use the help figuring out why that G is not in the key of Dminor but played with G on the piano but a Gminor on guitar. I need help wrapping my head around this, else i wouldnt ask. Thanks.
Last edited by MistaChy at Oct 2, 2014,
Quote by Elden G20
Have you actually watched the link you posted?

Shots fired!!!